MoFo Lists

Tools    

All good for me, too, this is my second most completed list after animation now!

@Yoda could you change the Paprika in animated lists to 2006 instead of 1991? The 2006 version is the correct one I believe.

Done. People may have to update that list again, then.
Yup, I had to recheck Paprika off.

Could you add a search feature to the list, so that when we look at another persons movie list we can search for a movie title, like we can do on our own. It would be helpful for the next Personal Recommendation HoF.

That should be there. There's a little box just above the list, on the lift, that filters the results on that page, for both your list and others'.

If you mean a global search for any movie on any lists, that's on the main Lists page.

Let me know if you meant something else, though.

That should be there. There's a little box just above the list, on the lift, that filters the results on that page, for both your list and others'.

If you mean a global search for any movie on any lists, that's on the main Lists page.

Let me know if you meant something else, though.
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

On my list, I can see the search bar.

But if I look at your list for example, I can't find a search bar to see if you've checked off a specific movie.

Oh, the search is on the individual lists, so if you click on one of those you'll get the search on the top left. You mean you want a box to search all of a different user's lists at once to see what they've checked off?

...You mean you want a box to search all of a different user's lists at once to see what they've checked off?
Yes that's what I meant.

We're doing an HoF where members search other members list and choose movies that they haven't seen before, so a master search of others list would be a great help for that.

Okay, so this is the 10-minute janky version:

Go to any movie page and add ?userseen=ID to the end, where "ID" is the userid for that person. So, mine is 1, and if you add it to the end of the page for The Deer Hunter it'll just give you a plain text message saying whether I've seen it or not:

https://www.movieforums.com/movies/1...tml?userseen=1

I can see about making this a little easier/nicer in a few ways, obviously, but I'm not sure if this is a super-short term thing that might not be used much going forward where a simple, non-pretty version still alleviates the work for you guys a lot.

Well, good news: because of the quarantine I've finally managed to sit down and start working on custom lists (IE: letting anyone make their own lists for display and for others to check off). I've already got the very rough skeleton working. Still a lot to do, especially to make it look nice (and to revamp the Lists area correspondingly), but it's a good start.

So just a question; Are "Yoda's Overlooked Movies" and "Gloria Grahame" supposed to be up now? I click on them but it just takes me back to the lists page.

Surely Yoda's too small to overlook movies anyway
Now Chewie ..... there's someone that could overlook movies....

.... anywho, when am I gonna be able to put up my Top 25 Movies That Start And End With Punctuation list?

So just a question; Are "Yoda's Overlooked Movies" and "Gloria Grahame" supposed to be up now? I click on them but it just takes me back to the lists page.
That's part of Custom Lists, something I'm working on now. However, I'd thought I'd managed to "hide" those while they're being worked on. Where are you seeing them?

That's part of Custom Lists, something I'm working on now. However, I'd thought I'd managed to "hide" those while they're being worked on. Where are you seeing them?
The drop-down menu ("Other Lists").

Hmmm, there are two instances of those. I guess I got rid of that in one place rather than two. Thanks. I'll figure out which it is (the one on "your" list is different than the one on someone else's).

More on this soon.