Ticket prices too much?

Tools    

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Ooooo........I'm Meadowbank, Auckland.

What a coincidence.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Here in the UK where I live the local multiplex does a great offer.

Normally its £4.60 ($7) before 8pm or £3.60 ($5) after 8pm. I think they do a 2.95 ($4) deal for before 11am as well.
Where the fook do you go to get that kind of pricing? FFS ticket at Odeon is a tenner if you're going to see decent films, Blockbuster films are slightly cheaper at £7.50 in WB and such, granted i've been working for the last, err, since uni, and don't know daytime prices but still it's a rip off, oh and let's see, £3.75 for popcorn? Soon i'll need to start making my own...

However they also do a deal where you pay £9.99 ($14) a month by direct debit and you can go see any movie whenever you want! You have to sign up for a minimum of 12 months so £120 ($170). Ive had mine six months and have already seen well over a years worth of movies (About 40) so everything i go see until next August will be for free! Also as an added bonus you can go to any of their chain in the country and still use your card.
I got the offer on the UGC, UGC have the cheapest tickets around £5.70, but they also have crap screens, crap sound, and the "oh my arse hurts so much and I can't find a comfortable position" style seating. I wouldn't pay £10er to numb my arse on a regular bases

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo

Where the fook do you go to get that kind of pricing? FFS ticket at Odeon is a tenner if you're going to see decent films, Blockbuster films are slightly cheaper at £7.50 in WB and such, granted i've been working for the last, err, since uni, and don't know daytime prices but still it's a rip off, oh and let's see, £3.75 for popcorn? Soon i'll need to start making my own...

I got the offer on the UGC, UGC have the cheapest tickets around £5.70, but they also have crap screens, crap sound, and the "oh my arse hurts so much and I can't find a comfortable position" style seating. I wouldn't pay £10er to numb my arse on a regular bases
I take it you live down south because these prices are from the UGC HQ in Sheffield.

Crap screens and crap sound? The two main screens here (There are 20 in total) are huge and have full Dolby Digital, the larger having SDDS. The 2 Premier screens are also similarly equiped and the rest are all fairly well kitted out too. The seats are fine with me, ive sat on a lot worse at smaller cinemas.

The WB here is not even a fiver to go to either. Thank god i live in the north!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
You lucky sod

Yup I'm down south... I know of no other prices...

I know, I recently saw Ali at the UCI Filmworks in Greenwich. As I remember the ticket price was well over £6 for a screen that only sat about 30-40 people and that was at the cheap times. It was a bit of a disgrace.

B&W
Ooooo........I'm Meadowbank, Auckland.

What a coincidence.
The coincidence is that we both live in NZ, 'cause there is a 1/3 chance that we live in Auckland!!

Wow, ticket prices seem to be all over the spectrum. It depends here in L.A.; you can go down a block and find an increase Ok, I'm blowing it out of proportion. Seriously, about 6-7.50 for matinee, and 8.50-10.0 for evenings. It goes higher, but it really depends on the theater and location.

I read online that some new theater in L.A. is selling tickets for $14. I guess it's some type of VIP thing with free parking.