Masculine Association

Tools    

I always felt that the reason why Harrison Ford is so good as Indy is because he easily inherited the mantle from people like Gary Cooper, who played similar roles in the Thirties and onwards. Rugged and masculine and also with a lot of humour, occasionally quite quirky .

This might just do nobody any good.
Ford’s secret ingredient is Bogart, not Cooper. Treasure of Sierra Madre was even the primary inspiration for Indy!

Ford’s secret ingredient is Bogart, not Cooper. Treasure of Sierra Madre was even the primary inspiration for Indy!
I like his little homage to Bogart in Blade Runner.

Sure are a lot of muscles and beards in this thread.

I think my idea is along the lines of Eastwood in Gran Torino.

Someone who has been around a bit... hard gritty nasty ass know-all... but knows when to change and how to change should the time call for it... and always has a clear sense of right from wrong, and can admit when they're wrong... meaning in the end they always do the right thing.

Yeah... Walt is masculine incarnate

This might just do nobody any good.
We’re just associating here. If you’re looking to examine/explain your ideals, this has you covered:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...d.php?&t=58617

Sure are a lot of muscles and beards in this thread.

I think my idea is along the lines of Eastwood in Gran Torino.

Someone who has been around a bit... hard gritty nasty ass know-all... but knows when to change and how to change should the time call for it... and always has a clear sense of right from wrong, and can admit when they're wrong... meaning in the end they always do the right thing.

Yeah... Walt is masculine incarnate
I LOVED Gran Torino...might be time for a rewatch