Formal Introduction

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Hello there. I'm a Little Devil and am one of the "refugees" from IMDB [not really, but still]

- Portuguese
- 37 years old
- Masters in Philosophy [Naturalism and Ecology]
- Currently working freelancer as a translator for various outlets [magazines, manuals, etc]
- Private Guitar and Bass tutor
- Music gear aficionado [I buy and sell guitar effects]
- Married
- One cat
- Sci-fi, Horror and Thriller/Noir are my favorite genres.
- love soundtracks.

Ask questions and I'll answer.

PS - anyone here who also plays?

Welcome, Little Devil.

Favorite directors and actors? Are you a fan of animation?
Also why just one cat? Every cat loving household needs at least a pair of them, IMO.
Hello miss Vicky, and thank you kindly.

Favorite directors: Kubrik, Lynch, Cronenberg
Favorite actors: Anthony Hopkins

Why one cat: well, I was never a fan of cats to be honest. I'm more of a dog guy. My wife used to have a cat and a dog but both died. A couple months ago I was walking outside and I noticed a cat cub moaning underneath a car. The little fellow was very ill and almost dying. I took him to the vet, took him home, treated him and presented him to my wife. He is 4 months old now, but blind from his left eye.

Maybe in time we get another cat, but as we live in an apartment building with some rules as to what pets are concerned, I may have to ask for a special permission.

Addenda:

Yes I'm a fan of animation. Anime mostly but also am crazy about stop-motion.

Oh, one thing, you not filling out your top 10 on your profile?
I'm still trying to make heads and feet of the site. I would also like to make my own list of favorite movies, but I haven't got a clue on how to for the moment.

Favorite directors: Kubrik, Lynch, Cronenberg
Oh, no.
You'll fit right in.

Maybe in time we get another cat, but as we live in an apartment building with some rules as to what pets are concerned, I may have to ask for a special permission.
Okay, I get the apartment thing. The "not a fan of cats" thing doesn't compute in my born-and-bred cat lover mind. And as I'm typing this there's a big fluffball rubbing against my leg.

Yes I'm a fan of animation. Anime mostly but also am crazy about stop-motion.
Good. We have that in common. Well, not the "anime mostly" part, but I do really enjoy stop motion, especially Mary and Max. I've done some limited exploration of anime. Not a fan of most Ghibli, What I've seen of Makoto Shinkai's is stunning to look at. I really liked all of Satoshi Kon's films, especially Tokyo Godfathers.

Oh, no.
You'll fit right in.

Okay, I get the apartment thing. The "not a fan of cats" thing doesn't compute in my born-and-bred cat lover mind. And as I'm typing this there's a big fluffball rubbing against my leg.

Well... what can I say? I have some trouble with understanding what's going on with cats. I look at a dog and I can tell. Not so with cats.
Don't misunderstand me, I could never harm the little buddies, but I find him less "interactive" than doggies.

A friend of mine is constantly jesting that I'm turning my cat into a dog.

Welcome, hope you soon get settled here.

I'm still trying to make heads and feet of the site. I would also like to make my own list of favorite movies, but I haven't got a clue on how to for the moment.

Pretty simple... most of us use the reviews sub-forum.
Decide if it's a top 10, 50, 100 or whatever... most use 100.
Put together your list, maybe do a tiny write up for each film (or not, 100 can be a challenge to write up on).
Use pictures if you can. I use the posters in Wiki myself. Pictures are always a good idea as it keeps your list from looking to plain.
Start a thread, in the reviews section and away you go

There's tons individual lists around, just have a gander at them and see what layout people use.
I have a relatively individual list on sci-fi movies as well (check my signature banner), which is an idea for something a bit different from a Personal Top 100.

Lists on MoFo are a pretty huge thing tbh, whether they're a personal top list, or a list of 20 favourite thrillers or whatever.
Top 10s on the profile are a good starting point as well.

Well... what can I say? I have some trouble with understanding what's going on with cats. I look at a dog and I can tell. Not so with cats.
Don't misunderstand me, I could never harm the little buddies, but I find him less "interactive" than doggies.

A friend of mine is constantly jesting that I'm turning my cat into a dog.
Cats are easy to understand. They want what they want. They live to please themselves, not their humans. But all of my cats have been plenty interactive and affectionate, even to the point of being obnoxious about it.

Pretty simple... most of us use the reviews sub-forum.
Decide if it's a top 10, 50, 100 or whatever... most use 100.
Put together your list, maybe do a tiny write up for each film (or not, 100 can be a challenge to write up on).
Use pictures if you can. I use the posters in Wiki myself. Pictures are always a good idea as it keeps your list from looking to plain.
Start a thread, in the reviews section and away you go

There's tons individual lists around, just have a gander at them and see what layout people use.
I have a relatively individual list on sci-fi movies as well (check my signature banner), which is an idea for something a bit different from a Personal Top 100.

Lists on MoFo are a pretty huge thing tbh, whether they're a personal top list, or a list of 20 favourite thrillers or whatever.
Top 10s on the profile are a good starting point as well.
Thanks a lot. I did a top 10, but in time I'll rectify it.

Is in Heaven everything really fine?
If I ever let you know definitively it'll probably haunt you forever

Cats are easy to understand. They want what they want. They live to please themselves, not their humans. But all of my cats have been plenty interactive and affectionate, even to the point of being obnoxious about it.
eheh, yeah. Spot [my cat his white with a single black spot near his tail hence the name... it was that or "One-Eyed".... but my wife said "yeah...no" ] hates being held. He craves for the attention and play but doesn't like to be pet. I assume he was almost beaten to death by other humans and he still fears us. He is great at doing as he's told though. If I tell him to go to bed, he goes. I tell him to be patient with the food and he sits still.
He is meowing more as time goes by. Sometimes is as though we are having a talk. He meows, I meow back, then he... But most of the time he lurks from a corner and stares at me. That creeps me out.

eheh, yeah. Spot [my cat his white with a single black spot near his tail hence the name... it was that or "One-Eyed".... but my wife said "yeah...no" ] hates being held. He craves for the attention and play but doesn't like to be pet. I assume he was almost beaten to death by other humans and he still fears us. He is great at doing as he's told though. If I tell him to go to bed, he goes. I tell him to be patient with the food and he sits still.
He is meowing more as time goes by. Sometimes is as though we are having a talk. He meows, I meow back, then he... But most of the time he lurks from a corner and stares at me. That creeps me out.
He may have been feral (born on the street with little human interaction) rather than abused. Either way - Give him time, he'll come around. Also he sounds adorable. You should post a pic of him in the Pets thread.

Good. We have that in common. Well, not the "anime mostly" part, but I do really enjoy stop motion, especially Mary and Max. I've done some limited exploration of anime. Not a fan of most Ghibli, What I've seen of Makoto Shinkai's is stunning to look at. I really liked all of Satoshi Kon's films, especially Tokyo Godfathers.
*taking notes*

I like that creepy as hell vibe from stop motion such as Mark Twain or Alice [Neco Z Aleny]. Also Tool's video clips are right in my ball park

As for anime, believe it or not my favorite is actually an Hentai [Legend of the Overfiend] and not due to the sex scenes but because of the story and gore.