Bye Bye Bye

Tools    

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
And with the exception of maybe Swan, I feel like Nostromo's the mofo who I can most easily see myself being buds with outside the forum.
What about me?!?!

You should just put that in your sig. Itll show up on every page and save you a few posts, per thread.

Let the night air cool you off
I somehow missed this when it happened. Really bummed. I hadn't noticed Nostro on recently. But he wasn't extremely active, so I didn't think much of it. I'll just say, if this is the last we see of you, Nostro, it's been nice having you around. I didn't really talk much with you, but I definitely appreciated your presence. The slasher hall of fame was great, and you were a vital part of that. Hopefully you come back before or around the time the new God of War comes out, and we can talk about that.

There is no hope for me now. (Although, if I leave right now, there's still a chance I can grab that MoFie next year....)

I saw him repping me and I was like, "Oh, sh*t! He's back."

So what was it like being gone for three weeks? What did you see?

So what was it like being gone for three weeks? What did you see?
I really felt like, ya know? I can do this. I can walk away. The Freddy glove was like getting the power to leave MoFo Dreamland and stay in reality. It can be good to get away. It got me thinking about all the other things I can do, like I'm going to make some trips in the Fall during the weekends when I don't have class. Captain Spaulding has the formula figured out best of any of us, even though he's not here *that* much when he is he seems to balance it all well.

I found I could still watch and enjoy movies, and search for more, and have fun without having to post about them. Actually I've been doing that for a while though, there's a lot of movies I've watched I haven't posted about.

Not sure exactly what brought me back, it just *happened* unplanned last night. I feel like, even though I didn't stay retired, I'm back in Dreamland. It's a good place to enjoy working with visuals and stuff. I still want to be more balanced about it, like Captain Spaulding.

Why are people always praising Captain Spaulding all the time now? When are people gonna realize just how boring he really is?

Why are people always praising Captain Spaulding all the time now? When are people gonna realize just how boring he really is?
Learn from Captain Spaulding Sexy. Be like Spaulding.

I really felt like, ya know? I can do this. I can walk away. The Freddy glove was like getting the power to leave MoFo Dreamland and stay in reality. It can be good to get away. It got me thinking about all the other things I can do, like I'm going to make some trips in the Fall during the weekends when I don't have class. Captain Spaulding has the formula figured out best of any of us, even though he's not here *that* much when he is he seems to balance it all well.

I found I could still watch and enjoy movies, and search for more, and have fun without having to post about them. Actually I've been doing that for a while though, there's a lot of movies I've watched I haven't posted about.

Not sure exactly what brought me back, it just *happened* unplanned last night. I feel like, even though I didn't stay retired, I'm back in Dreamland. It's a good place to enjoy working with visuals and stuff. I still want to be more balanced about it, like Captain Spaulding.
Things just got too ugly, hairy, and tense for awhile there. Things cooled after you left, I think everyone internally took it down a notch. All those damn police shootings are the talk now.

Nostro, I havent watched a horror flick in at least a year. Whats a good recent one youd suggest?

The barren wasteland of the forums, the threads where hostility grows like cancer in the desiccated corpse of fun.
Exactly my kind of threads.

Anyway, I haven't really been active during the last few weeks so I hadn't noticed this thread and therefore your departure, but I'm very glad you're back, Nostromo! You obviously know I always appreciated you a lot (and still do).

Spaulding said some wise words about how to connect in a healthy way with potentially addictive places like this. Movieforums is a lovely place to spend time and have interesting discussions with like-minded people, but it shouldn't feel like something you are trapped in.

Be sure to go on those trips, man!

Things just got too ugly, hairy, and tense for awhile there. Things cooled after you left, I think everyone internally took it down a notch. All those damn police shootings are the talk now.

Nostro, I havent watched a horror flick in at least a year. Whats a good recent one youd suggest?
Made a post a few months ago about 5 sort of recent ones here, the ones I go for most aren't recent

I figure when he's not here he's off hosting radio shows, that's how he sounded in that voice memo thread a while back.

Some posters, I sense, a message board can hold them back, in a way. He and several others, Sexy Celebrity too, actually maybe more members than we realize- I sense cold be working together to build a successfully funny and cool YouTube channel or something. That kind of thing can theoretically make money.

I figure when he's not here he's off hosting radio shows, that's how he sounded in that voice memo thread a while back.
No - it's more like he's hosting The Ellen DeGeneres Show if we're going off his voice post.

Nostromo be like

Don't be bitter just because I broke off our love affair. I can't help I'm MoFo's Fonz.

No - it's more like he's hosting The Ellen DeGeneres Show if we're going off his voice post.

Don't be bitter just because I broke off our love affair.
Excuse me, but I didn't consider it "the end of a love affair" when you finished with me at the gloryhole and went on to the next guy.