Will Oranges Dethrone a Fellowship?

Tools    

Noooo! Friday's reports show that "Orange County" has taken in around $5.3 million, with "A Beautiful Mind" boasting $4.35, and LOTR: FOTR at a shade underneat that at about $4.33. I like the way "Orange County" looks, but I really hope it doesn't snap LOTR's streak. Things ain't looking good, but then again, it's only $1 million...and "Orange County" could very well gross inconsistently.

Wow, that's a major upset! Zap2it predicted 6.5 million for the weekend, and Orange County's made almost that much in a day.

I think it'll drop by Sunday, though, so don't count LOTR out.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I wouldn't put a great deal of thought in the fact that LOTR might lose it's #1 spot. I mean there's still two more movies, and it'll definitley gross a lot.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
I think we should change the title of this thread...when it comes up in the new posts...it might be hard for new memebers to choose the "Orange County" review thread...or the " Orange County" predictions thread...ya know?

Now With Moveable Parts
Thanks. Much better.

LOTR wins again! Hey, maybe it'll beat Black Hawk Down!

YES! Yeehaw...4 weeks at #1. It doesn't have a prayer next weekend, though. "Black Hawk Down" is likely to beat it handily. Oh well. LOTR is gonna pass $250 million without breaking a sweat now, it seems.

black hawk down is rated r, lotr has a good shot at it
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I have to disagree; I think BHD's margin of victory will be quite significant. LOTR looks to take in between $11-13 million next weekend, I'd imagine...BHD should take in $25-30 million easily, IMO. Yes, being rated "R" does hurt, but this is a fairly big movie...and big "R" rated movies can still rake it in (Scary Movie: around $42 million...Hannibal, I think over $50 million).

See, I pay no attention to this stuff [if only because why pay attention to films that aren't opening here?] but this seems pretty wrapped up in my opinion. "Black Hawk Dawk" I think will be almost certain to wipe "LOTR:FOTR" from #1.

I should try and find the stats for Australia too.
So I could tell you. I think "LOTR:FOTR" has been out just over two or three weeks, and it's still number one also. I'm unsure of when we're getting 'BHD"