Kubrick's films wierd or sane?

Tools    

I believe that stan Kubrick is a very odd director and I hope others agree look at 2001:a space odessey at the end in the rooms whats that all about and if someone would give me an explaination I'd be glad

Kubrick is one of the greatest directors of all time. Wait until Zweeedorf gets to this post, he'll break it down for you. What other Kubrick movies have you seen?

I wasn't doubting him or putting him down I think that he's an imaginative and original director who dosen't follow crappy samey storie lines like teen love movies etc and all the other crap. i think he's one of the most acclaimed directors of our and past generations, i was just saying some of his films are a little bit on the weird side. Yer I'd love to see the whole of 'Eyes wide Shut' cause I watched it half through and fell asleep because it was like 4 in the morning but also I'd like to see 'full Metal Jacket' again I watched it when I was about 12 and got really scared but I think I can cope now so what ya seen and what's your favorite movie by Kubrick mine would be 'a clockwork Orange'

"I would not think of quarreling with your interpretation nor offering any other, as I have found it always the best policy to allow the film to speak for itself."
-- Stanley Kubrick

quote by Kubrick on making his films

My favorite is 2001. I've found that it's one of the only movies I've seen that makes me feel almost transcendent. It's his best, in my opinion. The reason most people found 2001 to be odd is because it's a boldly experimental film. It doesn't follow the traditional rules of narrative in cinema, it creates its own rules. There's never been anything like it. Apart from technical things like the effects and the use of classical music, the storytelling itself is unlike anything in history. I think that Kubrick wanted to show, not tell. Maybe the movie was filmed the way it was so that the audience can regard what's happening and think about everything. Most movies rush you to the next obligatory scene, abhoring things like mood and tone. This one doesn't. It allows the viewer to stand outside and consider questions that most other movies would give the answers to.

You can ask for explanations and look for meaning in every frame of the picture, but it's the way that the questions are raised that confuses most people.

That's just my opinion.

Also, Kubrick made some of the most beautifully photographed movies I've ever seen, ie Barry Lyndon, Paths of Glory, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove (still the most wicked satire I've ever seen), Eyes Wide Shut.

You ought to see Eyes Wide Shut. There's one scene in that flick that's sooo creepy. :::shudders just thinking about it:::

Why do you like Clockwork the best?