Summer Blockbusters

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I thought about making this a poll, but there's no way to break them up into groups of two without them running together so here we go.

Just think of the movies listed which ones will be the bigger blockbuster..

Spider-Man
or
Attack of the Clones

Signs
or
Insomnia?

Men In Black 2
or
Austin Powers 3: Goldmember

Spirt: Stallion of the Cimarron
or
Scooby-Doo

I'm sure there are more cause Chris and I were talkin about them the other day. I'm not too sure about Insomnia, whether or not it's a summer release, but this is just to get us started.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Here we go...
  • Attack of the Clones over Spider-Man
  • Signs over Insomnia
  • Men in Black 2 over Austin Powers in Goldmember
  • Scooby Doo over Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
I'd be pretty surprised if any of these matchups turned out the other way 'round. The last one is most likely, though, as "The Doo" has some major bomb-potential, IMO.

Mind if I add some more blockbuster matchups here? I mean, if I think of any.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Sure cause those were the only ones I could think of...

As much as I hate to admit it...

I agree with your list...I would love it if Spider-Man could whoop come major yoda a*s, but that doesn't look possible since Star Wars is a friendly face at the box office.

No one whoops Yoda's a**. Indeed, you are correct, Spudly: Star Wars: The Phantom Meance took in, what, $432 million domestically? And that's with plenty of mixed reviews. AOTC looks like it's going to get a lot more praise from fans and critics alike.

Oh, BTW, not that it's all that related, but I read this recently. I think it's dead wrong (NOBODY MESSES WITH YODA!), but it's funny as hell:

R2D2 has what a lot of modern-day movie robots lack.. Attitude.

Seriously, he did what he wanted, and to hell with anyone else. C3PO couldn't stop him. Luke couldn't stop him.

Even Yoda got his ass zapped when he got out of line. Nobody -- robot or not -- gets away with **** around Yoda. He's badass. But R2D2 was like, "Beep boop... Put that damn breadstick down, muppet!" *zap* And how'd Yoda retaliate? He hit back with a stick, which R2 coolly ignored.

Wrinkly green bitch.

Attack of the Clones over Spider-Man

?

Men in Black 2 over Austin Powers in Goldmember

Scooby Doo over Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Pretty much what Commish said, except I have no idea what Signs is, so no comment on that one.

Signs stars Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, and Rory Caulkin (yes, brother of Macaulay, I believe). It's directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who wrote and directed. He also wrote and directed The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, the latter of which was the start of a trilogy. Signs is the second film in the trilogy.

Star Wars
Signs
Austin powers
Scooby Doo
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Not much of a fan of the Star Wars saga, I'd love to see Spidey win at the box office. Then I'd have to go with Signs, Men in Black II, and Scooby Doo.

"Spiderman" will be the blockbuster at first and then, AOTC will overcome it . "Signs" I do not see as a "blockbuster" yet, "Scooby Doo" will be a hit I believe not that long . As for "Austin Powers" I believe it will probably fall in the middle somewhere.