Spider-Man: No Way Home

→ in
Tools    

Confirmed!
With the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel titled Multiverse Of Madness... he MCU is going full on to compete with the DCEU, who are also going multiverse with Michael Keaton returning as Batman alongside Affleck and Pattinson.

JK Simmons played J Johan Jameson in the Toby Maguire Spider-Man trilogy... and he returned to the role of Jameson in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
Many figured it was just maybe a fun cameo... but rumours persisted.
The, it was released that Jamie Foxx will be returning as Electro, the role he played in Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man 2.
This got fans excited as it means this is the second character and original actors in said roles, from different series' appearing in the MCU.
---
News in, is that Andrew Garfield, and Toby Maguire are returning as Spider-Man, alongside Simmons as Jameson, and Foxx as Electro... in the MCU's official Spider-Man 3, with Tom Holland as the MCU version of Spider-Man.
What's exciting also, is Benedict Cumberbatch is returning as Doctor Strange in Spider-Man 3 and will be a partner to Spidey... Spider-Man 3, release date December 17th 2021... will lead into Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness, release date March 22nd 2022... creating a multiverse arc for Spidey and Strange.

You know what this means?

Sinister Six that appeared in Amazing Spider-Man 2... might actually happen now

I've just realised something.
The DCEU decided to go Multiverse... AFTER Spider-Man: Far From Home was released.
Far From Home is when Simmons reappeared as J Jonah Jameson.

DC must have crapped themselves and realised what Marvel were doing... also realised the DCEU is total poo... and a Multiverse is a good way to not only compete with the MCU, but also fix their own series of garbage.

Ok so we got...

Tom Holland (MCU)
Tobey Maguire's Spidey (Raimi)
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock (Raimi)
JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson (Raimi)
Andrew Garfield's Spidey (ASP)
Jamie Foxx as Electro (ASP)

Studio is in talks for Kirsten Dunst to return as MJ from the Raimiverse.
Miles Morales is supposedly being considered to appear.

I can't shake the feeling, that this movie tries hard to walk in Spiderverse's footsteps.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can't shake the feeling, that this movie tries hard to walk in Spiderverse's footsteps.
It will fail to match that film.

Suspect's Reviews

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The official title is revealed: Spider-Man: No Way Home

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
i miss Tobey MaGuire as Spiderman

It's been a while since I saw the Toby Maguire Spider-Man movies, but I remember thinking that Toby Maguire was too whiny as Spider-Man. I preferred both Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland in the role.

It's been a while since I saw the Toby Maguire Spider-Man movies, but I remember thinking that Toby Maguire was too whiny as Spider-Man. I preferred both Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland in the role.
tom holland is alright

It is known there is no other true spiderman than tobey

"How tall is King Kong ?"
1) The music amuses me. Not sure it's supposed to make me laugh, but still.
2) I really like Tom Holland's acting. He's the only spider-man who 'works', for me.
2b) Then again, I'm not a marvel fan at all, and I don't like spider-man that much, so.
3) My enjoyment of that film will be proportional to the presence of Cumberbatch's Strange.
4) I still believe that the MCU's shift to multiverse stuff will make them lose the casual public that made the success of the first "phases".
5) LOOK IT'S DOCTOR OCTUPUS OMG I FEEL NOTHING. Yeah, not a fan of the earlier movies and spidey in general, so, sorry, doesn't hit as intended here.
5b) Again, am so much not the target audience anyway.
6) So many incoming subversions of the title ("spider-man : no way good", etc).
7) Oh how I hate the idiocracy-level trend of starting trailers with trailer's trailers.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Spiderman never registered with me, besides it being the only thing to watch at times.

I’m with Tom Holland as feeling like the best one. He just has a natural ease to him that works. Granted, I haven’t watched any of his Spiderman movies, just going on trailers and his appearance in other Marvel films.

Oh yea. How bout some Mysterio spoilers! 😝

4) I still believe that the MCU's shift to multiverse stuff will make them lose the casual public that made the success of the first "phases".
I think I probably agree. I'm really pleased and impressed they stayed away from the messy/crazy plotlines for roughly a decade, but it was only a matter of time before their cinematic universe became as messy and mobius as their comic universe, requiring the same kinds of rollbacks and retcons as those have. This is seemingly the start of that, and while I still expect these films to do really well, I think we've seen the best of it already. It's going to have to be a bit niche-ier going forward to feel like there's any sense of progression, and even that's going to probably endure a "reset" of sorts eventually.

That said, I kind of think of it the same way I think of all the major releases coming out on streaming platforms due to COVID: probably bad for the whole thing long-term, but we reap the short-term benefits of that. With the streaming, it means less viable budgets going forward, but easier access to new films for a couple of years. With the MCU, it means lower stakes (because you can time-hop and multiverse-hop) going forward, but a lot of really bold and significant plot developments in the short-term that should be enjoyable (ala Loki).

I like the look of that train stuff. Could be some really fun "MCU does Inception as a fight scene" stuff that we, frankly, didn't get enough of in Doctor Strange.