The Roles They Turned Down.

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Molly Ringwald turned down the role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman, the role that made Julia Roberts a star.
Thomas Jane turned down the role of Don Draper in Mad Men.
John Travolta was supposed to play Forest Gump.
Lindsay Lohan was supposed to play a stripper in Hangover.
Emily Browning flat out refused to audition for the role of Bella Swan.
Johnny Depp was offered the role of Ferris Bueller before Matthew Broderick.
Speaking of Matthew Broderick he was offered the role of Walter White and passed.
Pam Anderson was offered the role of Scully on the X-Files....man, that would have been distracting.
Will Smith was offered Neo in the Matrix. He turned it down saying he would have 'screwed it up'. I have to agree
Matt Damon was offered the lead in Avatar as well as the role of Harvey Dent in TDK.

Speaking of Matthew Broderick he was offered the role of Walter White and passed.

Pam Anderson was offered the role of Scully on the X-Files....man, that would have been distracting.
Thank god.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Molly Ringwald turned down the role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman, the role that made Julia Roberts a star.
Lindsay Lohan was supposed to play a stripper in Hangover.
Emily Browning flat out refused to audition for the role of Bella Swan.
Johnny Depp was offered the role of Ferris Bueller before Matthew Broderick.
Will Smith was offered Neo in the Matrix. He turned it down saying he would have 'screwed it up'. I have to agree
Matt Damon was offered the lead in Avatar as well as the role of Harvey Dent in TDK.
I can't imagine anyone other than Gillian Anderson as Scully.

When Face/Off was in early development, it was geared up to be the first movie to co-star the 2 biggest action stars of all time: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Chevy Chase turned down the part of Lester Burnham in American Beauty. The part ended up getting played by Kevin Spacey, and it earned him an Oscar.

In other words, Chevy Chase wasted a golden opportunity to make a comeback to the A-list with a career-defining role. No wonder he looks burned out today. He's probably still kicking his own ass over that stupid decision.

Chevy Chase turned down the part of Lester Burnham in American Beauty. The part ended up getting played by Kevin Spacey, and it earned him an Oscar.

In other words, Chevy Chase wasted a golden opportunity to make a comeback to the A-list with a career-defining role. No wonder he looks burned out today. He's probably still kicking his own ass over that stupid decision.
I don't love it like everybody else seems to (I don't hate it, per se, it just doesn't hold any replay value and I have zero desire to see it again), but it would be interesting to see Chase do something serious. I'm not sure if he would have won an Oscar though. Not saying he wouldn't have, but it doesn't seem all that likely to me. I think he would've nailed the scene where Lester sings American Woman for sure, though. That rep was accidental by the way. This damned phone.

Madness is the emergency exit…

They should have at least take their auditions...it'd be hell of a fun to watch!

They should have at least take their auditions...it'd be hell of a fun to watch!
It would have been interesting to see how John Travolta would have played Forrest Gump. One can only imagine.

Adam Sandler turned down Quentin Tarantino's offer to play the role of the "Bear Jew" in Inglourious Basterds because he was shooting Funny People at the same time.

This was not the last time somebody turned down a golden opportunity to work with Tarantino. Will Smith turned down the role of Django due to "creative differences".

In both scenarios, the actors made completely unwise decisions. When Tarantino offers you a part, you just say yes!

That depends on how many times you want to say ******.
Why I wouldn't take a part from Tarantino if he shoved the money in my hand.

It wouldn't have been a comeback because Chevy would have been terrible in that role and would have ruined the movie.

Natalie Portman was the original choice for Romeo + Juliet (1996) and even filmed scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio, but the age difference (seven years) was too great; it looked like DiCaprio was molesting Portman.