Watch-Man's Review: 2012

→ in
Tools    

John Cusack... 2012 will be the reason he has a hard time finding a new job. If it's any consellation, he played the role as best as he could have. Which isn't saying much... 2012 was ridiculous. A movie about the world ending, I agree, should be very exciting, but when one second they're about to fall into a "canyon" of the Earth as it's breaking and then the next they're in a plane avoiding the flying debris? Cmon John! By the time the third scene was over you should have realized this was not a great career move. Fortunately, they all live! Whoopie... In an apocalyptic movie isn't the point for the world to end and evryone to die? Now, I'm not morbid, I wasn't watching to see everyone die. But by the end of that movie I was hoping a little bit inside that they didn't totally just end it with some confusing ending where the Gods smile down and release a new Earth. Let's just say, 2012 would have been good, if it had been released in 1985... Let's hope John Cusack can make the comeback he deserves.
~Watch-Man~

The strongest thing about this movie is the "this I have to see" factor. If only the story had the same kind of groove going as the effects.

I have to agree that the near escapes from all the devastation around them was just plain silly making the story unrealistic and rather boring after seeing the same explosions every 5 minutes.

2012 really needed a script, it was pretty bad. I felt for the actors in it, especially Cusack, some other good actors too who all did the best they could with the script. If they had styled the movie the way Woody Harrelson played his part it might have come off better instead of so deadly serious. It was painful to watch at times, unfortunately no amount of special effects could save 2012.

what were you expecting from 2012, that it would be good??

A system of cells interlinked
Yep - Roland crafts a multi-million dollar toilet, once again.

I am not surprised in the least...