MovieForums: One-Year and Counting...

Tools    

In case anyone else didn't know, today, July 14th, is the one-year anniversary of MovieForums. I opened this site on July 14th, 2000, which is the same date that my username was registered. I don't know if anyone else was posting at that point, but I consider today to be the "official" date.

I remember thinking back then, one year ago, that I would give this site a try. I wasn't sure how it would do, and decided that, if it should prove to be rather inactive, and a failure, I would simply start another forum on some other subject I enjoyed. I am very pleased to say, however, that this site has done quite well, and I consider the first year a solid victory.

Here's to another year, and a new site under construction! Thanks to everyone here for keeping this site going. I'm working hard to pay you back, so to speak.

Joyeux Anniversaire!!
Et Joyeux Bastile Day too!

Woohoo to you!! Yippee!!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i'm excited!! damn, that means i've been with you a year, dude. wow.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
that thing says 9-10 but i know I registered earlier than that. is that when you changed me to moderator?

A year? Muy excellente, congrats TWT! It's a great site, and you've got to keep it running. I am, after all, an addict. It says so under my name on my post number.

Originally posted by thmilin
that thing says 9-10 but i know I registered earlier than that. is that when you changed me to moderator?
Nope...should be the date you registered. That is 10 months though -- perhaps you spent time reading the boards for awhile before registering? Most people do. And yeah, Steve, you are. Seek help man. It really freaks me out when I hit milestones like this with websites or friends -- hard to believe I've talked to this person for that long, or run this site for this long. I've got a friend online I think I've known for something like 3 years (or at least nearly that long)...which really seems like ages.

CoNGRAT S TWT on the popularity of movieForums!!! Me, this is the longest Ive ever been on a board, usually I get bored after a month & look for new stuff soon after. but I like it here, wooohoooo!!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Your Welcome! The first year was free. But now its going to cost you! Kidding of course.!

I think out of all the still posting members, I've been here the longest. I remember the night I found the site. I was looking for an answer to a question and just typed in http://www.movieforums.com. It is weird thinking I've been talking to Chris for about a year now. I think I joined about a month after the site opened. I even remember the first day I met steve I told him to go to this site. It's my default homepage. I love it here. Thanks for making this site!

Originally posted by OG-
I think out of all the still posting members, I've been here the longest.
Since I beat you here by two days, I take issue with this statement.

Wow, homepage? Kick a**. Not even MY homepage, and I own the bloody thing. My homepage doesn't make much difference overall though -- I just go wherever most of the time. I'll try to make the new site truly homepage-worthy. And yeah, it is freaky to think that you or I have been around here that long.

Originally posted by ryanpaige
Originally posted by OG-
I think out of all the still posting members, I've been here the longest.
Since I beat you here by two days, I take issue with this statement.
Laurie registered on the 29th, 15 days after this site launched...and I'd say she's considered a regular, though not nearly as addicted as the rest of you. Ironically, my mom would probably be next (though she posts sporadically)...and then Ryan, Peter, maybe PooPooMaster, sunfrog, and then Zeph.

Woohoo!
9 months for me!

Congrats TWT .

I still remember just coming to check out this site from SitePoint one day and loving it. I come here more than I go there now!

Congratulations on the one year anniversary "TWT.."