The Neighborhood

Tools    

This new sitcom about a white family who move into an all-black neighborhood seems like a one-joke show that's going to have to work very hard at coming up with something more if it wants to sustain itself as a series. The cast is OK...Max Greenfield (New Girl) and Cedric the Entertainer work hard at keeping their characters likable but the writing just seems to be kind of 1970's. It might make it through the holidays.

When I first heard that laugh track I was preparing for a stinker. Didn't take long before I realized I was joining in on the laughs. Does the show have some cheesy moments? Sure, but it's kind of endearing. Personally, I like the characters, and the way they tackle certain topics feels natural and is actually funny. I'm sure the old school vibe is deliberate and I, for one, appreciate that. Clearly it's not "vibing" with some folks considering all the reviews claiming the show is racist. To be honest, I fully expected it. Me thinks chill pills are in order and maybe they should have that funny bone checked out.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

This new sitcom about a white family who move into an all-black neighborhood seems like a one-joke show that's going to have to work very hard at coming up with something more if it wants to sustain itself as a series. The cast is OK...Max Greenfield (New Girl) and Cedric the Entertainer work hard at keeping their characters likable but the writing just seems to be kind of 1970's. It might make it through the holidays.
When I first saw this show, I also thought that it probably wasn't going to last very long, but it just seems to get funnier with every new episode. I'm glad that I stuck with it because it's quickly becoming one of my favorite new shows from the last few years.

When I first heard that laugh track I was preparing for a stinker. Didn't take long before I realized I was joining in on the laughs. Does the show have some cheesy moments? Sure, but it's kind of endearing. Personally, I like the characters, and the way they tackle certain topics feels natural and is actually funny. I'm sure the old school vibe is deliberate and I, for one, appreciate that. Clearly it's not "vibing" with some folks considering all the reviews claiming the show is racist. To be honest, I fully expected it. Me thinks chill pills are in order and maybe they should have that funny bone checked out.
I can see why some people this this show is racist, but I think they're just missing the point of the show. They show us both sides of the equation in this show. We get to see how black people see and do things one way, while white people see and do the same types of things in a different way. That's what makes the show so funny, because no matter who you are, you can probably relate to someone on the show.

I have to admit I was wrong about this one. Couldn't believe it got a second season, but they cancelled Happy Together. And I must admit I am still watching The Neighborhood...love Max Greenfield.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have to admit I was wrong about this one. Couldn't believe it got a second season, but they cancelled Happy Together. And I must admit I am still watching The Neighborhood...love Max Greenfield.

I liked "Happy Together", but it wasn't as funny as "The Neighborhood".

I don't think I've seen Max Greenfield in anything other than this show.