Thriller released in 2021---FORGOT NAME - HELP

Tools    

I ran into an employee of an old favorite theater I used to visit 3 - 5x a week. He hadn't seen me in 2 years. I wanted to explain but could not recall the name of the movie that killed my apetite for overpaying at theaters.
As I recall, the movie had an element of the COVID situation. Seems like some disease was happening that required the 2 characters to pass through a quarantine area. These people were research scientists who were going into an area where research was being conducted and the on duty team had not reported in and was feared lost.

Shortly after the government lifted the COVID ban on theaters but still required people to wear masks while seated, I wanted to see anything just to get out.
I do not recall the title. I purchased a ticket and then suffered through one of the worst stories I have ever seen on the big screen. Maybe the worst.

Perhaps it was the extra $4.00 they were now charging that put me off.

As I recall, I got the impression that some disease was happening that required the 2 lead characters to pass through a quarantine area.

They ended up in a terror situation where provisions were stolen. Glimpses of spirit like events and then one was taken prisoner ... disappeared.

Eventually they discovered that the people they were looking to replace had actually began an experiment that was going to involve sacrificing the right person.

There were hidden cameras and speakers scattered around the jungle.

Weird and weak movie for the first "new" release I became aware of just after they told the theaters here in California they could allow people inside as long as they wore masks.

Does anyone know the name of this movie?

Well. Now I am back to answer my own question. Forming a question to ask in this forum gave me the spark to ask the correct question elsewhere.
In the Earth is the movie i was looking to put a name to.
Surprisingly, it is rated as a horror movie which I did not know when I paid to see it.

In the Earth

Annihilation?