Children have to move to their grandparents after their parents died

Tools    

So, the movie starts when children have to move to their grandparents after their parents died. The house was very old and it was located next to the water (the lake, the river, or the sea. Can't really remember). Girl and boy climbed the stairs to the attic where was a big clock. They started to rummage in the stuff and they found the letter from their father. There was a cipher, and the boy decoded it. But the house started to ruin and they had to jump into the boat and sail away somewhere.

This is all I can remember. I hope this is enough and you guys will help me. Thank you very much!

So, the movie starts when children have to move to their grandparents after their parents died. The house was very old and it was located next to the water (the lake, the river, or the sea. Can't really remember). Girl and boy climbed the stairs to the attic where was a big clock. They started to rummage in the stuff and they found the letter from their father. There was a cipher, and the boy decoded it. But the house started to ruin and they had to jump into the boat and sail away somewhere.

This is all I can remember. I hope this is enough and you guys will help me. Thank you very much!
A Series of Unfortunate Events with Jim Carrey