Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

If someone had that monstrosity up across the road from me, there's be an act of justifiable homicide before too long... About 20 minutes, actually.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
This week I'll be showcasing Christmas Flicks in my Avatar. Perhaps a few that have escaped notice.

First up is Trapped in Paradise (1994)

Warning: The premise is farfetched, Small town living is both skewed and celebrated, and the Christmas spirit "message" is heavy handed.

its also a lot of fun.
Next up is The Ref (1994)

I didn't learn till much later that Leary stole his act from Bill Hicks, or maybe that would have influenced my viewing this for the 1st time back in 94'.

As it is, Leary's 1st HBO special "No Cure For Cancer" is still funny even if it is a polished version of Hicks' Material.

The Ref though, is just flat out funny, though it doesn't start out that way.

This is Leary's showcase, no doubt about it, and Spacey was still a few years from being "discovered" in the Usual Suspects, but he brings his A-game to the party. The wondrful OZ actress Judy Davis rouynds out the main players.

A great date flick.

&feature=related

I'm ditching the Del Rubio triplets for now so I can use

Woman kissing Tim Olyphant then putting a Santa Claus hat on him in "GO".

Animated.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i totally forgot olyphant was in "GO". He played the best creepy dealer since James Spader in less than zero.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Until we get a new theme, I'm going a picture from Holiday. It takes place mostly the week between Christmas and New Years.