MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Okay, first of all: Nice.

My opponent and I both relying on The Chiefs for the rest of our points...
Yeah, good week for you, too. Football's pretty random, which sucks when it's a tough loss or a huge injury, but also means weird wins you didn't expect.

Say it with me everyone: Nobody Knows Anything.

The squeaky wheels gets the...*checks notes*...136 points.
Yeah. There was a moment in The Seahawks game when Carson went to the locker room under concussion protocol and I thought, there it is, I am officially done. Then he came bounding back onto the field and scored a second TD. But once again it was Dak Prescott carrying me. If he hadn't thrown that late red zone interception he was about to put up a fiddyburger. But his 45 was plenty.

As HORRIBLE as the Dallas defense is (and it is truly dreadful) that should have The Cowboys game scripts always throwing, always deep in a hole. Which bodes well for Dak's fantasy numbers and my chances to at least compete.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
RE: Chark Weak AF

At least partial credit goes to Holden on that one, as he called my team Chark Weak the week we faced off in the Terri-bowl.

The trick is not minding
I need Crosby to A) not kiss extra points or field goals, and B) make a few 40 and 50 yard field goals.
And of course he misses his extra point attempt. 🤨

Rodgers is balling for me. I've never had him. I saw him sitting in the 9th round and was like sh*t he probably going be on a f*ck you tour this year, I'll pull the trigger. I should be 4-0 but him and Kamara are the reason I am 3-1. Hell yes.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Good win Yoda. Even had Chubb not gotten hurt, I’m not sure it would have mattered any.
Yeah, which I guess is "nice," it's always lame when someone loses and it's clearly just to something random and unforeseeable like that.

That Kansas City D definitely put up a good showing, if I hadn't gotten some late numbers from Robinson that'd have been a nailbiter.

Deebo Samuels is back. If Chris Godwin hopefully returns soon my roster will be 100%, but for now a tenderheaded Russel Gage will have to do.

I certainly wouldn't have put any money on me winning this week. When it turned out Chris Carson was OK to start despite the dirty tackle from the week before I knew I at least had a chance. Had he been a scratch I would literally have been unable to compete. My second RB was The Jets' La'Mical Perine who totaled 15 yards, 1.5 points. Had Carson not been able to suit up Perine would have been my number one back and I would have been forced to start Jacksonville's Chris Thompson as my second RB. He suited up but did not touch the ball once the entire game.

Luckily Carson was his regular self with 100 total yards and a pair of touchdowns for 23.50 points. All three of my receivers had good days: Kenny Golladay had four catches and TD, Robby Anderson caught eight for 99 yards, and with Michael Thomas still out Tre'Quan Smith had four catches, two of which were scores.

But again it was Dak Prescott who won it for me. The Cowboys can't buy a win but it certainly ain't Prescott's fault. The Dallas defense is laughable right now meaning they are always behind and trying to catch up. Which means pass, pass, pass, Baby. 502 yards, four TDs, and even two 2-point conversions for 45.28 points! Tongo had Brady who exploded for 42.46 points but didn't have enough to compliment him this campaign (I drew him in the right week!) and I had a comfortable 21.92 point win.

3-1 and fifth place isn't something I thought I would see but if Carson does get injured I will not win another game. With Dak, Carson, and some decent wideouts I can at least compete.

4 games in and this guy thinks he knows how the whole season is gonna shake out. I just lost 2 more guys myself. You could easily be in 2nd place after this week.

The trick is not minding
I’m the only winless person in the league 🙁
Losing Mostert and now Chubb hurts. Hoping Mostert can come back soon, but man.....my RBs have taken a beating.

Latest Covid News

Broncos/Patriots - Moved to Monday, October 12th. The game will remain in Week 5.
Bills/Titans - Moved to Tuesday, October 13th. The game will remain in Week 5.
Chiefs/Bills - Moved to Sunday, October 18th. The game will remain in Week 6.

Positive tests in some facilities this morning. I have no idea how this shakes out, but the only way to fairly do the "replacement player" thing I mentioned earlier (I could really use more responses on what everyone thinks of that, BTW), is to mention it here in public, or at least in a PM to me, so there's a verifiable record of who you would have started if it gets pushed "out of" this week.

If that happens, and no one objects, I think it's fair for me to sub in that player and their stats, since once it gets moved out of the week it's a lose-lose situation for owners.

Has to be declared before the first game starts, though, so please do that if you have someone on one of the potentially moved teams (Titans, Bills, Broncos, Patriots, might be one more I'm forgetting).

Also, how do we feel about backup players going forward? Basically, people have to publicly state in advance who they want to play if a postponed game turns into a bye. If it does, they use them (I can swap them in as Commissioner, I believe), and if it just gets played a little late (Mon-Tue), it counts as normal. This is happening more and it seems like a good solution, given that owners are otherwise in an impossible situation with some of these choices.

Thoughts?
I'm fine with this.

Not trying to be negative but my bench is so thin I doubt subbing anyone at the last minute would make a difference.

This is stupid... so one so-called positive test and postpone the whole game? That is not a protocol. That is an overreaction. The year that keeps on giving just keeps on rolling along