My Favorite Jeff Bridges Performances

Tools    

I guess you forgot my Oscar worthy performances in comedy films thread, Sexy...The Big Lebowski was on there, why wouldn't it be here? But it certainly is not in the top 3 here.
Even you liked that movie? I just lost hope in humanity even more.

Even you liked that movie? I just lost hope in humanity even more.
Sorry to disappoint, Sexy, but I did like The Big Lebowski...I don't think it's the be all and end all of movies, like a lot of people here, but I did like it and Bridges' performance is the main reason I liked it...sue me.

I don't think it's the be all and end all of movies, like a lot of people here,
Who thinks this?

It is my favourite Coen movie and Bridges performance. Not the be all end all though that is Kazaam!

I have never understood all the hate for John Cusack on this site...what is that about?
Pretty sure it is just HK. Most people don't mention him here and he actually has a few fans like Miss Vicky.

Just went through this. for The Last Picture Show, True Grit, Crazy Heart, Iron Man and The Big Lebowski Especially Arlington Road though, it isn't my favourite of his but i love that film and rarely ever hear it mentioned.

Just went through this. for The Last Picture Show, True Grit, Crazy Heart, Iron Man and The Big Lebowski Especially Arlington Road though, it isn't my favourite of his but i love that film and rarely ever hear it mentioned.
OMG, he was amazing in Arlington Road, I don't know why that film doesn't get more attention.

I’m so glad there has been some appreciation for the great Jeff Bridges. He is one of my favourite actors and one that you don’t hear much praise for. The Fabulous Baker Boys is one of my most watch films ever. I think his performance is razor sharp.

Some of my other favourites are American Heart, Jagged Edge, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Arlington Road, Crazy Heart, K-PAX and The Big Lebowski.

He truly is an actor who could appear in any genre and never seem out of place.

I’m so glad there has been some appreciation for the great Jeff Bridges. He is one of my favourite actors and one that you don’t hear much praise for. The Fabulous Baker Boys is one of my most watch films ever. I think his performance is razor sharp.

Some of my other favourites are American Heart, Jagged Edge, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Arlington Road, Crazy Heart, K-PAX and The Big Lebowski.

He truly is an actor who could appear in any genre and never seem out of place.
I agree with you about Bridges. His brother is a good actor too, he just wasn't blessed with Jeff's looks and personality.

Just re-watched "Lebowski" the other night. It's a good film, and no one plays an affable stoner as well as does Bridges. J. Phoenix is good in those types of rolls as well, but he's too crazy and far out. I'm a fan of Goodman's, but the writing for his part was a little over the top, even for the Coens. Tuturro was really impressive as the sexual deviant ace bowler, Jesus Quintana.

A band that I was in provided some of the music for that film. Captain Beefheart's (Don Vliet) "Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles" was from a 1972 album we did called Clear Spot (Warner Brothers). The song plays early in the movie when The Dude is first shown making a "white Russian" cocktail. The lyrics have nothing to do with the scene, but it's nice background. I still get a little check every year...

I agree with you about Bridges. His brother is a good actor too, he just wasn't blessed with Jeff's looks and personality.

Just re-watched "Lebowski" the other night. It's a good film, and no one plays an affable stoner as well as does Bridges. J. Phoenix is good in those types of rolls as well, but he's too crazy and far out. I'm a fan of Goodman's, but the writing for his part was a little over the top, even for the Coens. Tuturro was really impressive as the sexual deviant ace bowler, Jesus Quintana.

A band that I was in provided some of the music for that film. Captain Beefheart's (Don Vliet) "Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles" was from a 1972 album we did called Clear Spot (Warner Brothers). The song plays early in the movie when The Dude is first shown making a "white Russian" cocktail. The lyrics have nothing to do with the scene, but it's nice background. I still get a little check every year...
The Big Lebowski is one of those films where however many times I watch it, there's always some detail which I never noticed before. This is another film I have seen so many times but it always entertains. Great soundtrack too. I love your claim to fame.