Movie you've seen the most

Tools    

"The Breakfast Club"...yes...I wanted to be John Bender too!

That would be Cable Guy!!!!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

4. Ghostbusters
4 times in the theatre.

Bill Murray at his sharpest, proton packs, sliming goblins, a key master, a gatekeeper, a giant marshmellow man, streams crossing and a really big "Twinkie".
Oh, and also, a really crappy theme song. Let's not forget that really crappy song.

3. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
5 times in a theatre.

These days no matter how much I try to assimilate with all the other adults my age, most of whom have had they're childhood spirits crushed along time ago, Raiders a film with alot affection for me, that never fail to bring a smile to my now grown-up hairy pimp-ass.
This early blockbuster that not only shaped the way I enjoy watching movies, but also, it also contributes to the foundation of why going to the theatre & having the experience of being swept away by what is playing on the big silver screen has become one the greatest joys in my life.

2. Temple Of Doom
6 times.

I am one of in the minority who likes this better than the Last Crusade. While I feel that LC's story was stronger & more down to Earth, for me, the Temple Of Doom action's sequences, while many times cartoonishly unrealistic, still were done with a lot of energy & suspense. Plus, IMO, the stunts didn't seem to try to copy the first Indy film as much as LC did. I remember all the hootin' & hollerin' that was going on the theatre during TOD, whereas LC, as exciting as it was, didn't seem to invoke as much from the audience (at least, that was the case when I went to go see it). And when it comes to listing my favorites, there are times where my experience in the theatre tends to influence my take on the film.

1. Aliens
16 times. I saw this frikkin' movies 17 times in a theatre.

This entry goes to show how carefree the life of an adolescent is.
Only a kid with absolutely no responsibilities should be goin' to the theatre that many times.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Jesus Christ Superstar 2000

It's my fav movie of all time. I put it on my Christmas list about 2-3 years ago. I watch it all the time because it is ART to me in every aspect of the production. I have the CD too.

Now if only they'd make a really good Godspell movie. The hippy dippy versions of both these plays were huge turn offs to me. Not that I don't dig hippies but, they energy of the plays and art of the productions didn't translate well from live show to a dead medium.

My second most watched movie would probably be Brigadoon. I tend to watch it when I'm sick but not to sick to watch the telly. It cheers me.

My third would be What's Up Doc. It's a silly ole romp. It always cheers me as well.

Rocky Horror Picture Show would be fourth. I love that movie.

Fifth would be Dogma. Sorry, I got excited and named more than one. Punish away. LOL.

The King of Movies

ROCKY V

I've saw it 4 times in the past year or so, each time i've enjoyed it, a definate guilty pleaseure
Every one says that film was crap, IMO it was the best film in the whole series!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Fifth would be Dogma. Sorry, I got excited and named more than one. Punish away. LOL.
you are my new best friend!

Probably Office Space. It's not my favourite movie, not even in my top ten, but i used to always put on that movie when ever it was a slow day or i couldnt sleep or something like that. I think i've seen it around 90 times or so. At least it stays funny every time i see it

The Princess Bride
Star Wars
George of the Jungle

Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wow! That's not even remotely a "feel-good" movie. Why do you like it? The opening scene, "On Broadway"? Or something more personal?

I like movies with good music, humor, a great story, interesting characters (some of whom I must like), and dancing first of all. You'll notice those things are usually present in any movie I care to watch frequently.

Second I'm intrigued by the death theme in general. This take on death is quite interesting to me.

This movie again touches that place in me that says, "This is art." I feel soul touched by it. I never saw it as a negative piece which I know many people do. I saw it as deeply moving, poignant, bittersweet, but also a believable celebration of life and art.

The lead character reminded me a great deal of my father in so many respects. I identified with his daughter. I adored the dance scene with his girl friend and his daughter.

Later, as he used his daughter for choreography, while mostly ignoring her, you could still tell he loved her, in his own stunted way. I was so moved.

The audition process rang true with all this hopefulness, lies, pathos and triumphs.

The creativity he embodied and channeled was worshiped in some ways. Still, he virtually races toward his own destruction and death, and in so doing employs so many methods of destruction, there can be no doubt just what he is doing.

Ironically he was all too easy for his backers to dispose of. We are all disposable, and replaceable, even though we often fool ourselves otherwise. They treated him, as business people always do, (treat everyone and everything,) as a asset or liability. One minute he was their cash cow, the next the lame horse they hoped would die quickly and quietly. The jumped ship and then back again as the possible fortunes turned on his creativity and profitability.

The scene with the old lady in the hospital was profoundly touching to me.

The scene with the janitor, also in the hospital profoundly moving to me.

The theater people in the room clowning and making the best of it really touched me.

One of the sexiest song and dance routines that I've ever enjoyed was in this film. It also had a message I could appreciate. Of course personally, I've never dabbled in casual sex. Darn it. I'd probably appreciate the message more if I had.

The creation process for the numbers was absolutely great to me as well. Again, it was an amusing, true feeling, painful process as they gave birth to the numbers in the show.

Death as a beautiful lady he just wants to f--k is an amazing concept to me. I loved Jessica Lange in that role. She was so fond of this flawed, beautiful, creature but his time would only happen when it was time he could not seduce her into it. She had already long ago seduced him.

The final scene was just a wonderful piece of art to me. Ben Vareen was fantastic. That was no surprise. Seeing all of his ladies perform so beautifully was great.

So, those are some of the reasons why I liked it. I'm probably forgetting some. It late though. I need to be heading to bed even though I'd love to look at the movie again, right now.

It felt good and right to me.

You liked watching an honest-to-goodness open heart surgery on film? You didn't think the lead character was a sociopath?
I didn't particularly enjoy the open heart surgery part but I enjoyed the film as a whole.

I do think the lead character may have been a sociopath. I'd actually have to look up the clinical term to decide how fitting that term is. Yes, I'd say that was a pretty fitting description. I don't agree they can't love. I would say that their love isn't healthy for most people and isn't as deep as their love of self. Gideon is a pretty benign sociopath though. He's not a murderer of people anyway. Perhaps he is a murderer of some peoples dreams and of himself but that is true for many of us in this world.

I didn't like him. I liked his women, his talent, the humor and story in the film. IRL, This kind of person may not be easy to like if you know too much about him, but he is very easy to love and be attracted to. He tends to be iridescent in a way. People throng to his side and bask in his light. He also isn't afraid to make things happen.