A Movie You Appreciated More on the Second Viewing

Tools    

2001: A Space Odyssey, Persona, Citizen Kane.
I also liked more 2001 on the second viewing and didn't like other two but I've seen them once.Maybe I ought to try them again.

I also liked more 2001 on the second viewing and didn't like other two but I've seen them once.Maybe I ought to try them again.
It was worth it for me Kane became a favorite after viewing #2, but Persona's ascension was very gradual. I had mixed feelings on it the second time, liked it the third, and loved it the fourth. Something about it kept me coming back

Fight Club, Pulp fiction, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Apocalypse Now

A big hello to the forum.

A movie that I appreciated more the second time I watched it was Donnie Darko

Apocalypto. I loved the movie more after watching it again. I like it better each time I think.

The Matrix, when it came out my friend said i'd like it, so i watched but didn't think much of it, but on second viewing liked it better.

The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) by Carl Theodor Dreyer

It gets better and better for every time i see it... Just this year i think ive seen it 5 times or so.

None that i can recall. If i dont like it the first time, chances are i will not try to watch it again. Unless forced to.

The Big Lebowski spring to mind. After the first viewing I thought "What the **** was that all about?" Now I love it.

It's amazing how one film can have the same effect of improving on the second viewing in the way that The Big Lebowski seems to, so many people now I have seen said it, and I have always said it myself too

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It's called reefer madness, although in your and a few other members' cases, I'm sure it's not literal.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
The Big Lebowski spring to mind. After the first viewing I thought "What the **** was that all about?" Now I love it.
Exactly my feeling. After the first time, I just sat there and said to myself, "What did I just watch?" After the second time I knew it was an excellent film with a heck of a lot more laughs than most "high comedy" films. After the third time I accepted it as a
masterpiece.

Reviews

Exactly my feeling. After the first time, I just sat there and said to myself, "What did I just watch?" After the second time I knew it was an excellent film with a heck of a lot more laughs than most "high comedy" films. After the third time I accepted it as a
masterpiece.
And a masterpiece it is! It's so quotable and I never tire of the characters. Every time I watch it it's like visiting old friends.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Recently, and i know it's still not a good movie was Battle Los Angelas. When i first watched it in theatres i couldn't stop thinking how bad it is and why. But 6 months or so later i watched it and my thoughts on it were not as bad. Aaron Eckhart still ruined that movie mostly.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
And a masterpiece it is! It's so quotable and I never tire of the characters. Every time I watch it it's like visiting old friends.

You're out of your element Hit Girl