Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Holds, thanks for the recommendation of the Altman western...we loved it!

Ack!! The Usual Suspects gets outdone by Darkstar?? Oh, the humanity!

Alright, I admit the Usual Suspects is a very good film, and yes, it's far better than Dark Star.
When I first watched it I thought it was great, but the second viewing left me confused. Is the entire story (except for the killing of the hungarian on the boat and the line-up) bullsh*t? How much truth is there to Verbal's story? Why did he need the line-up at the beginning?
I thought I understood the film after first watching it.
I'm gonna watch it a third time maybe next week and try and make sense of it.

The Fat of the Mailbox
The Toxic Avenger (1985)
3/5, normal scale
5/5, B-movie scale

Rear Window
It has Grace Kelly in it. THE hottest woman of hollywood. And, it's a dope movie.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Beneath the Planet of the Apes - i enjoyed this. it was entertaining. the plot wasn't even that bad. i give it 3/5

Holden - thanks for the headsup. i watched all the trailers for the rest...they looked hideous!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Alright, I admit the Usual Suspects is a very good film, and yes, it's far better than Dark Star.
When I first watched it I thought it was great, but the second viewing left me confused. Is the entire story (except for the killing of the hungarian on the boat and the line-up) bullsh*t? How much truth is there to Verbal's story? Why did he need the line-up at the beginning?
I thought I understood the film after first watching it.
I'm gonna watch it a third time maybe next week and try and make sense of it.
WARNING: "The Usual Suspects" spoilers below
Yes, it was almost all, if not all, bull****. Soze/Kint engineered the lineup to assemble the people he needed to do the job (taking out the hungarians/the witness). They had each (unknowingly) betrayed Soze in some way or another, so he chose people he knew could do the job, didn't trust one another, and that he also had some sort of score to settle with. The alias Soze used was Verbal, because he was just a mouthpiece of lies and deceit for Soze to speak through.

Brilliant screenplay, and one of the best, and my favorite, neo-noirs ever filmed...

Boondock Saints
One of the gayest movies ever. It literally oozes gayness with every man to man hug and chummy horse play. It's okay to pat a guy on the butt on a baseball field but not in the shower. See what I'm sayin'? And, there's only one set of boobs in the whole thing and the focus is limited so you only get to really enjoy one of em'. When the main guys say they're brothers I think they mean, brothers, you know, like, brother-brothers. Whatever.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Boondock Saints
One of the gayest movies ever. It literally oozes gayness with every man to man hug and chummy horse play. It's okay to pat a guy on the butt on a baseball field but not in the shower. See what I'm sayin'? And, there's only one set of boobs in the whole thing and the focus is limited so you only get to really enjoy one of em'. When the main guys say they're brothers I think they mean, brothers, you know, like, brother-brothers. Whatever.
I like Boondocks... and now I'm afraid to admit I enjoyed my first gay experience. I expected more butt-hurt though...

Last 5:

SON OF FURY (1942) ***

THE NEW WORLD (2005) *****

MANDERLAY (2005) ***

LA CHIENNE (1931) ****

RUMBLE FISH (1983) *****

Welcome to the human race...
I can't help but think PimpDaShizzle is the comic relief on this place.

Goldfinger (Guy Hamilton, 1964)

8/10

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dances With Wolves (1990, Kevin Costner)

3.5/5

KC's not some latter day John Ford but he knows what makes Westerns tick and is one of the few directors who I'd trust when filming a horse opera in this day and age. That said, I don't think Dances With Wolves can hold a candle to 2003's Open Range, for all it's lovingly captured set pieces (the magnificent stampede of Neil Young's buffalo is a prime example) the whole show has a slight smell of preachiness. Maybe this lack of guile is a good thing (?) but the whole shebang meanders along.

Add to the equation that wor Kevvie has the dullest voice since Sean O'Monotony won the West Offaly Tedium championship in 1977 (sparking outbreaks of apathy among residents of entire housing estates in Kinnitty). As with Open Range, don't listen to the commentary if the prospect of falling into a catatonic stupor fails to appeal.

Costner's no Clint, then, but who is?

Some cast members would go to any lengths to avoid Kevin's end-of-shoot party...

Carlito's Way 8/10
Massively underrated, Pacino and Penn are brilliant.

Alien 10/10
Ground-breaking classic, probably the best sci-fi and best horror movie ever.

Donnie Brasco (1997) 3/5
Windwalker (1980) 2˝/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"Patriot Games" - 10/10

The perfect political-thriller. This was Harrison Ford's last great movie. I didn't like "Clear and Present Danger" as much, but I need to watch it again. Everything about this movie just flowed perfectly. The cast is perfect. Sam Jackson and Richard Harris add a lot in very small roles.

Hotel Rwanda - yep.....ho hum....

Walk the line - I was impressed.