Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Is "Unleased" a drama about a building manager with too many apartments to rent?
Thats borderline funny......

The Boondock Saints (1999) 4˝/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A Hard Day's Night-

After studying it for 3 years i've found myself hating it>enjoying it>disliking it>ammused by it and now i pretty much digging it a pretty good amount

Got me my A at college, let's see if it gives me a 1st at Uni (doubtful)

A system of cells interlinked
Flash Gordon (1980, Hodges) - So, so, so, so, campy...and I loved every second of it. Clearly a guilty pleasure, I love everything about the film... Costumes, characters, the terrible acting, and of course...The music!!!!

X2
(Singer, 2003) - After Flash, I wanted to some dark, slick sci-fi hero action, and this fit the bill nicely... One of my favorite comic book films, for sure.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Serial Mom - a spoof on horror, before spoofing horror was made 'cool' by Scream. This had some genuinely hilarious moments.

oh man i LOVE Serial Mom...its a classic!

and as for Godfather part II...i want to do Banderas in the worst way

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
and as for Godfather part II...i want to do Banderas in the worst way

Banderas? Antonio? ... he was in the Godfather II?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Made myself watch "Constantine" last night ... mostly because I wanted to see for myself. Some clever plot twists, but I thought it was self-aggrandizingly confusing in spots where it didn't need to be. Found myself thinking, "Whaaaaa?" followed by "Ohhhh," way too many times.

Some good effects, though, as expected.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Banderas? Antonio? ... he was in the Godfather II?
SH T....i meant Pacino. sowwy. jesus i need sleep.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Michael Palin: Great Railway Journeys

4/5

I guess when Trainspotting gets mentioned around these parts it's in conjunction with Danny Boyle's breakthrough film but I'm getting back to basics.

Great Railway Journeys was a fantastic BBC series, spanning many years, which was basically an excuse for a well-known journalist/actor/TV personality to indulge in an hour long travelogue. The twist was in the title.

Palin's episodes revolve around two trips from different times in his career. The first is a journey from London to Scotland from 1980 where he is a youngish ex-Python, fresh from Jabberwocky and Life Of Brian. The second is a trip through Ireland from Derry to Kerry in pre-Ceasefire 1993 where Mike has transformed into the kindly uncle of early evening BBC1.

Wonderfully produced, light hearted fluff...

Broken Flowers (2005, Jim Jarmusch)

4/5

Broken Flowers is a delightfully mannered little film of subtle glances and long silences. A picaresque road movie full of mid-life regret and expectation.

Excellent.

Thumbsucker (d. Mike Mills - 2005)

Cidade de Deus (d. Fernando Meirelles - 2002)

Welcome to the human race...
Hmm, my memory's a little hazy here...

The Great Gatsby (Jack Clayton, 1974)

(My mum's favourite movie of all-time.)

6/10

A Better Tomorrow (John Woo, 1986)

(One of my favourite movies of all-time.)

8/10

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
2001: A Space Odyssey. Not really my thing. Somewhere in there is quite a good scary film about astronauts stranded in space with a computer gone wrong, but it is surrounded by pretentious crap about the birth of new species featuring men in monkey suits and dated sixties special effects.

Grizzly Man
Talk about a role model. The Grizzly Man is one crazy sum' btch. Everyone they interview makes fun of him. This is one of the funniest documentaries I've ever seen. I kept thinking it was too good to be true.

"This is gonna' be the mother fcker!" - Grizzly man

Dust to Glory
While the Grizzly Man was crazy these guys are crazy in a good way. The one guy, Mouse, that rides the whole race by himself on a dirtbike is a hardcore hombre not to be messed with.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Croupier (1998 - Mike Hodges)

Amadeus - Director's Cut (1984 - Milos Forman)

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Short Cuts (1993, Robert Altman)

4.5/5

Old Bob's sprawling, vivacious intertwining of Carver stories is still a joy to behold. Clocking in at 3 hours (though you'd never know it), Short Cuts is still a lean, mean animal with everyone, even Andie McDowell, on top form.

Easily one of my favourite films from the 90s.

The Fat of the Mailbox
Suburbia (1983) 5/5