Movie Tab II

Tools    

The Fat of the Mailbox
Logan's Run: 3/5
This film was ahead of it's time in many senses except that of racial tolerance.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Sedai
Loving my new speakers, can't wait to get the 5.1 all wired up and configured...

I'm on my second set now and can't imagine home-viewing without them. Try some recent Michael Mann, Heat or especially Collateral, for really subtle use of 5.1.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh how I love surround sound. I remember watching Tae Guk Gi for the first time and getting really pissed off because I thought some neighbors dog would not stop barking outside. I even went to the window to see who was out there and then realized, of course, that it was all the 5.1...

Just watched Miller's Crossing. Oh, you, Coens!

Mean Streets
8/10
A masterpiece

Apocalypse Now
10/10
The best war movie ever

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005, Judd Apatow)

3.5/5

Far better than the first half of my comedy double bill (Wedding Crashers) but drags in places, especially the final act. The condom scene brought back a distant, though vivid, memory. I won't go into it on this family-friendly messageboard...

I wonder what my Movie Wallah will bring round tomorrow?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus

I'm on my second set now and can't imagine home-viewing without them. Try some recent Michael Mann, Heat or especially Collateral, for really subtle use of 5.1.
is there anything men love more than a quality set of tweeters??

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
is there anything men love more than a quality set of tweeters??
A firm, rounded barse speaker?

Do you know my poetry?
Novocaine, B
2001 - David Atkins

Secret Honor, B+
1984 - Robert Altman

A Clockwork Orange
9/10
Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece.

Welcome to the human race...
King Kong (Peter Jackson, 2005)

6/10

Detroit Rock City (Adam Rifkin, 1999)

8/10

RoboCop (Paul Verhoeven, 1987)

7/10

This Is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner, 1984)

9/10

The French Connection
8/10
The first time I've seen the film. I can't
believe there's a French Connection II.

Blue Velvet
9/10
It's a strange world....

I got for good luck my black tooth.
The Royal Tenenbaums

Wes Anderson films stand up very well to repeat viewings.

Put me in your pocket...
Saving Face ~ I really liked this for the most part. I loved the characters and it had some funny, charming moments. I wish some things were explored a little more and other things were cut. I loved Michelle Krusiec and Joan Chen as daughter and mother....and I liked the rest of the cast too. Loved the ending credits tying a few things up.

Cinderella Man ~ I loved everything about this movie.

Originally Posted by OG-
Korean, and man, why would you ever watch the dubbed version?
I was watching it with a friend and they aren't hardcore about movies so I had to compromise. Oh well, still a dope movie.

Surviving the Game
Will someone please make a sequel to this?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by OG-
Boy Eats Girl
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
The Constant Gardner
How was Capote? I'm really looking forward to that one, but haven;t had an opportunity to see it yet.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Strummer521
How was Capote? I'm really looking forward to that one, but haven;t had an opportunity to see it yet.
I was dissapointed. I didn't find the direction of it involving at all. I personally got no feel - or at least held no interest - for any of the characters. From what I understand, Hoffman's performance is spot on to the real Capote, which is just even more uninteresting. Not a bad film, but also not all that engrossing.

Which is almost the same way I felt towards Good Night, and Good Luck, so maybe it is just an unfortunate generational gap (I'll admit that though I knew more of the events/persons of Good Night, I still know very little of either's history).

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Sometimes..... I get a little concerned about you.
Heh, don't be. I'm forcing myself to watch even more horror (and I already watch more than my fair share) since I've begun to finally launch a horror site I had planned to months ago.

I'm good until I start watching underground exploitation films. Which at this rate probably isn't very far off.