2019 Mofo Film Awards

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has finally come.

16 people voted for this years nominees and while some categories were a blow out, others were the tightest we've ever seen. I want to thank everyone who nominated some of their favourite films and everyone who voted for the winners.

Will Leonardo DiCaprio win his 3rd Mofo Award? He won for The Wolf of Wall Street and The Revenant.

Will Mofo's follow the Oscars road to diversity and award Parasite with Best Picture?

Will people finally vote in the documentary category? Stay tuned to find out!!!

Let's make this quick and simple, shall we?

Ladies and Gentlemen, The MoFo Film Awards - 2019.

Suspect's Reviews

The Mofo Film Award Goes To...

With 6 votes Avengers: Endgame, the biggest film of all-time has taken the prize for VFX. The beautiful Ad Astra had to settle for second place, while The Irishman and Oscar winner 1917 had to settle for third.

And The Mofo Film Award Goes To....

Our first CLOSE match, Ad Astra beat out Ford v. Ferrari by one single vote. Would this outcome been different if people remembered this was a category? Maybe, maybe not. The Lighthouse and 1917 also tied....but no one cares about the runners up to the runner up.

For effects I said the Ad Astra, but Endgame had great effects too
This^^

But I’m much happier to see Ad Astra win Best Sound. While Ford v. Ferrari got well deserved close second, nothing gave my home theater a more sonic and nice workout than Ad Astra this year. It was an amazing experience.

And the Mofo Film Award Goes To...

1917 is favoured to dominate the technical categories but it lost out in Best Sound only to make up for it with Best Score. It beat out surprise nominee Uncut Gems by one vote. With Parasite and Joker placing 3rd and 4th respectively.