The everything paranormal/unexplained/bizarre/mysterious thread

Tools    

Selling it. I think they owed money and tried to run away.
They found $32k in their abandoned truck. hard to believe if they were killed over money the killer would leave that behind.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Cigar-shaped UFOs are not a new thing. Especially here in my area near Eglin Airforce Base.

It is a long read but Gulf Breeze - where I spent many of my younger days, was a mecca of UFO sightings.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/gulfbreeze.html

I saw plenty of strange lights in th esky growing up, but we all chalked it up to the military. Nowadays I wonder, because

There's some things in this world you just can't explain
Thanks, that was a very interesting read.

There are way more galaxies than there are people on Earth, now and the past combined. Pretty sure there is something out there...

http://www.physics.org/facts/sand-galaxies.asp

Two football fields seems a bit grotesque, but I'm pretty sure there were large and relatively silent drones back in 2004. Were you close to a military basis or something like that?
No. The military base is down south. It wasn't a military plane [not ours anyway].

Actually when you ;look at the size of the universe and take into account we're a fourth rate planet orbiting a third rate star it becomes laughable to think that in that endless expanse this is the ONLY planet to support life.
I read the other day that Neil deGrasse Tyson and some other scientists think we're all living in a simulation of a universe. That we're all characters in a video game. A video game created by aliens.

They think the fact that we haven't found aliens so far may be proof of this. They say the reason we can't make contact with aliens is because in this simulation we're living in, they purposely didn't put aliens out there in the universe. They don't exist because we're in a simulation without aliens. Everything out there is just background wallpaper. It's all a trick.

I read the other day that Neil deGrasse Tyson and some other scientists think we're all living in a simulation of a universe. That we're all characters in a video game. A video game created by aliens.

They think the fact that we haven't found aliens so far may be proof of this. They say the reason we can't make contact with aliens is because in this simulation we're living in, they purposely didn't put aliens out there in the universe. They don't exist because we're in a simulation without aliens. Everything out there is just background wallpaper. It's all a trick.
There's a South Park episode called "Kancelled" which is about Earth being the most popular show made by aliens. They took all of the different species from various planets; cows, dogs, asians haha, and put them together on a random planet and sat back to watch the shenanigans.

I watched the talk about that when it came out. Here it is for those who are interested:

It's a fine of example of "just because he's a scientist you don't have to take his word for it" case.

They found $32k in their abandoned truck. hard to believe if they were killed over money the killer would leave that behind.
You know what, I think I'm confusing some of this case with the Mcstay family case. The two have similarities. They're the ones I think were involved in drugs and killed by drug dealers. The Jamison family I still believe were not only taking and selling drugs, but also owed money. Hence the running away. Their actual deaths could've been murder/suicide, though.

I'll be needing the cheat code if that's the case....

You know what, I think I'm confusing some of this case with the Mcstay family case. The two have similarities. They're the ones I think were involved in drugs and killed by drug dealers. The Jamison family I still believe were not only taking and selling drugs, but also owed money. Hence the running away. Their actual deaths could've been murder/suicide, though.
The McStay case has been solved. It was the fathers business partner, that's what i thought it was at first as i forgot the name.

The McStay case has been solved. It was the fathers business partner, that's what i thought it was at first as i forgot the name.
Last I read they just found the bodies near the Mexican border. The business partner? Wow. I'll have to read up on this.

It's a fine of example of "just because he's a scientist you don't have to take his word for it" case.
He doesn't actually believe it. He was one of the people on the panel (which is full of acknowledged scientists) that were very skeptical about the idea.

I actually happen to think it's an interesting theory to think about, because it's entirely rationally explainable. Naturally I don't really believe in it, because somehow I have a hard time believing in anything that seems too out of the ordinary, but it's a cool thought experiment and I enjoyed the above talk about it a lot, even though the whole thing is probably more some kind of "commercial for science". They're not acting that cool just for the sake of it.

My ex's house was legit haunted, I didn't believe in ghosts of supernatural stuff til I lived there a few years... People that know me are surprised to hear me say a place was haunted but as I always tell them, "There's only so long you can live next to an expressway and not believe in cars..."

I saw and experienced stuff that t this day give me goosebumps to even think about.
Do tell.

Last I read they just found the bodies near the Mexican border. The business partner? Wow. I'll have to read up on this.
Actually just looked it up, to be fair he hasn't stood trial yet. Apparently he had a gambling problem and he wrote checks using the fathers account in the days after they were killed.

Woops.
Internet dropped out and picked up some dodgy cookies. Had to reset computer.

Yeah I've seen stuff I can't explain... remember it clearly.
Not getting into it now though

Actually just looked it up, to be fair he hasn't stood trial yet. Apparently he had a gambling problem and he wrote checks using the fathers account in the days after they were killed.
Jesus Christ.

Yeah I've seen stuff I can't explain... remember it clearly.
Not getting into it now though
Good. Glad to see you're sober.

He doesn't actually believe it. He was one of the people on the panel (which is full of acknowledged scientists) that were very skeptical about the idea.

I actually happen to think it's an interesting theory to think about, because it's entirely rationally explainable. Naturally I don't really believe in it, because somehow I have a hard time believing in anything that seems too out of the ordinary, but it's a cool thought experiment and I enjoyed the above talk about it a lot, even though the whole thing is probably more some kind of "commercial for science". They're not acting that cool just for the sake of it.
I don't think I believe in it, either. I think it's totally possible. I think, as you said, it's a way to look at things differently. I don't think it's really all that bad if we are just a simulation. However, I'm pissed that the programmer decided I needed to be a 15+ year member of Movie Forums.