The 2014 Tattymobile ... Or how to be an indecisive ninny

Tools    

Is it natural for a man to obsess about such things?
11.11%
2 votes
Brown n' Black
0%
0 votes
Blue n' Black
61.11%
11 votes
None More Black
5.56%
1 votes
Black n' Red
5.56%
1 votes
Red n' Black
0%
0 votes
Yellow n' Black
16.67%
3 votes
Grey n' red
0%
0 votes
White n' Black
0%
0 votes
Black n' White
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The People's Republic of Clogher
The deed is almost done. The car is almost ordered.

I've made my mind up on everything bar the colour ... which is always where I fall down. To make matters worse, the 2014 Tattymobile comes not only in a selection of body colours, but differing roof colours as well. And different wheel colours.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

It's a Citroen DS3 dSport (with the Plus pack) and I've narrowed the colour scheme down to nine. Help!

Either:

Brown n' Black

Blue n' Black

None More Black

Black n' Red

Red n' Black

Yellow n' Black

Grey n' Red

White n' Black

Black n' White

The wheels I'll obsess about at a later date.

Which combo does MoFo prefer? I'm veering slightly towards Grey n' Red, but I drove a Yellow n' Black one this morning and liked the combination more than I thought I would.

The Brown n' Black was parked beside me yesterday and it looks cool too.

This is my mid life crisis car although ancient MoFos might remember that the 2005 Tattymobile was supposed to be my paean to lost hair youth. It's taking its time.

I vote None More Black. But then, I find it impossible to consider these kinds of choices without thinking about things like resale value. I tend to make really major purchases in a way that minimizes downside first and foremost.

Plus, black fits with the whole "Name-mobile" theme.

None More Black was actually my original choice when I was at the 'overwhelmed by brochures and test drives' stage but a number of my friends (mainly female women, it has to be said) told me that I'd be daft not getting a famously two-tone car in monochrome.

SL - Aye, I need to imagine a bright yellow car with its sills covered in slurry and crow effluent. I'd be the talk of the village though.

EDIT - Resale values be damned in this case, Chris. It's a 3 year contract hire - the forth I've had since joining MoFo. Geez.

Yeah, I knew it didn't apply, I just find it almost impossible to think any other way. But I guess 3 years is short enough that even something crazy flashy wouldn't have too long to grate, if you got tired of it.

'Course, there's always the whole question of whether or not flashier cars attract more police attention. I dunno if that's a consideration either way.

Among the flashier ones I'd probably still go pragmatic in a "not likely to confuse this in a parking lot" kind of way. Black with white roof would be modest looking by still stand out. Kind of interesting mix there.

One thing I've realised is that I'll not be able to fit a dishwasher in the back as I was able to do earlier with the current Tattymobile.

74mpg though, that's the clincher. Since moving I'm doing a lot more miles. When it was serviced last summer it had 8.5k on the clock (after two years), today it turned 16,000.

Grey n'red looks classy. I like white cars but totally impractical where you live unless you build yourself a carwash out the back.

Funny I was just thinking of you, cos since I pranged the Mondeo last Saturday, husband has taken the opportunity of saying it's time to change the car. I can't understand this, surely we should get some more value out of it once it's bumper (etc etc ) is fixed. Still I'm persona non grata at the mo as far as having a say .....

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I like None More Black (though it looks a little matte and the pic isn't as clear or close as the others so I'd have to see another one), and the red and black.

Grey n'red looks classy. I like white cars but totally impractical where you live unless you build yourself a carwash out the back.

Funny I was just thinking of you, cos since I pranged the Mondeo last Saturday, husband has taken the opportunity of saying it's time to change the car. I can't understand this, surely we should get some more value out of it once it's bumper (etc etc ) is fixed. Still I'm persona non grata at the mo as far as having a say .....
I pranged the back bumper about a year ago and didn't bother getting it fixed to save my no-claims. Then an idiot wellied into the back of my a few months later in exactly the same spot - His insurance paid and the car is now perfect again.

I'm not saying deliberately do what I did, as I didn't deliberately do it, but it's an option.

Go out driving really carefully in the snow and tail a few learner drivers with your fingers crossed...

I chose None More Black. But the Grey and Red looks good too and those colours go well together on that car. Brown and Black looks nice too.

Don't think much of the other choices. Yellow is an awful colour for anyone to drive and to me has always come across as someone showing off their car(as in a me me me show off, not someone who really actually likes yellow). The Black one with a red top looks like something a stupid boy racer drives.

Blue, and White - I'm just not a fan of these colours on cars but that's the only reason, they don't look silly or anything.

I pranged the back bumper about a year ago and didn't bother getting it fixed to save my no-claims. Then an idiot wellied into the back of my a few months later in exactly the same spot - His insurance paid and the car is now perfect again.

I'm not saying deliberately do what I did, as I didn't deliberately do it, but it's an option.

Go out driving really carefully in the snow and tail a few learner drivers with your fingers crossed...
heh I bet we'll have another car by the end of May , snow's unlikely! we're not claiming on the insurance either, too much no claims to sacrifice. Just have to bite the bullet (and my tongue )

Thanks chaps!

It looks like the MoFo Hivemind (and I mean hivemind in the nicest possible way) is broadly agreeing with me in None More Black. Nigel Tufnell would be proud.

All that now remains are wheels and interior. I'm thinking None More Black wheels (instead of white or grey) and carbon fibre interior instead of gloss black, which will be a total fingerprint magnet. You can play the fun game here.

Sexy - You mean this?

Sadly it's not on the list I have to choose from...

I think I'd go None more black. But, and I'm surprised to say this, I think the brown/black looks really good. I must be getting old.

Yeah, in the flesh/metal the brown is actually a kind of dark gold metallic and it looks really good. It's not really brown brown.

Unless something weird happens between now and May 1st, I'll be ordering Black on Black with Black wheels.

How much more black could this be?