What movie have you seen the most times?

Tools    

Hard to say. In a technical sense it's probably something I watched a lot as a kid just because it was around and I liked it, like Cabin Boy or something.

But having grown up a bit and thinking only of "serious" viewings where I was paying a fair amount of attention, there's probably a four-way tie (or nearly so) between Up, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Dark Knight, The Departed, each of which I've probably seen about 7-8 times, give or take. The Shawshank Redemption is probably one or two viewings back.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Wizard of Oz, The movie has been my favorite since I was about 5 and saw it the first time, and I still watch it whenever I am sick, perfect watch while your sick movie.

I think that would probably be The Lion King. I was 1 when it came out, and I'm pretty sure it was the first movie I saw at a cinema (not that that has much to do with it ). But in the last 17 years, I'd be willing to bet I've seen it all the way through - at varying degrees of attention-paying - probably 50-60 times at least.

Either Jurassic Park or Jaws, but more than likely Jurassic Park.

4. Ghostbusters
4 times in the theatre.

Bill Murray at his sharpest, proton packs, sliming goblins, a key master, a gatekeeper, a giant marshmellow man, streams crossing and a really big "Twinkie".
Oh, and also, a really crappy theme song. Let's not forget that really crappy song.

3. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
5 times in a theatre.

These days no matter how much I try to assimilate with all the other adults my age, most of whom have had they're childhood spirits crushed along time ago, Raiders a film with alot affection for me, that never fail to bring a smile to my now grown-up hairy pimp-ass.
This early blockbuster that not only shaped the way I enjoy watching movies, but also, it also contributes to the foundation of why going to the theatre & having the experience of being swept away by what is playing on the big silver screen has become one the greatest joys in my life.

2. Temple Of Doom
6 times.

I am one of in the minority who likes this better than the Last Crusade. While I feel that LC's story was stronger & more down to Earth, for me, the Temple Of Doom action's sequences, while many times cartoonishly unrealistic, still were done with a lot of energy & suspense. Plus, IMO, the stunts didn't seem to try to copy the first Indy film as much as LC did. I remember all the hootin' & hollerin' that was going on the theatre during TOD, whereas LC, as exciting as it was, didn't seem to invoke as much from the audience (at least, that was the case when I went to go see it). And when it comes to listing my favorites, there are times where my experience in the theatre tends to influence my take on the film.

1. Aliens
16 times. I saw this frikkin' movie 16 times in a theatre.

This entry goes to show how carefree the life of an adolescent is.
Only a kid with absolutely no responsibilities should be goin' to the theatre that many times.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
For me, it's probably a top 10 looking something like this (with no particular order):

The Wizard of Oz
Man on Fire
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Finding Nemo
Life
Independence Day
Click
V for Vendetta
Wedding Crashers

Michael Mann's "Heat"

and

Guy Ritchie's "Lock, stock and two smoking barrels"

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and Terminator 2. Used to watch one of the 3 on VCR every day after school.

As far as adult life is concerned.

Bourne 1 and 2
Dark Knight/Batman Begins.
LOTR 1 and 2
The Prestige.
Godfather.
Leon.

I feel I have spoiled some of these films from far too much viewing. Especially Star Wars. I cant bear to watch it anymore.

As for theatre visits,

Attack of the Clones 5 times.
Matrix Reloaded 5 times.
Two towers 4 times.
Home alone 4 times (i think)

i watch this movie every year since 1998 for at least 2 times,and i always feel like i watch it for a first time,because it s so great http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165546/

cheers

Wow - I guess I love movies so much that I guess I'd have to separate my listings into movies I grew up and still watch - and movies that I like now that I can watch anytime.

Grew up with so they have a lot of legs:
Lethal Weapon Series
Hard to Kill
Rambo Series
Rocky Series
Die Hard Series
48 Hours
Beverly Hills Cop
Lean on Me
Stand By Me
Gone with the Wind
Casablanca
Top Gun
Iron Eagle
Star Wars
Star Trek
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Hamburger Hill

More recently:
Bourne Identity
13 Days
Band of Brothers
Star Trek - LOVE LOVE LOVE the new one
Matrix
Underworld
The Dark Knight
Lord of the Rings
Crimson Tide
3:10 to Yuma
The Departed
Donnie Brasco
most recently: True Grit (3X at theater and already 3X on BluRay)

I've seen the Shining quite a few times. and the alien movies. Probably the moives I've seen the most are all zombie flicks; Night of Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Dead Alive, All the Evil Deads, ect.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The Karate Kid with Hillary Swank