CD Tab

Tools    

I like Alice quite a bit, but I L-O-V-E Blood Money.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Run DMC - Greatest Hits 1983-1993 - Who's House? Run's House! I LOVE this CD. Everyone should get this. They should issue it to you at birth. That way, people will grow up with good taste in music.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am having a nervous breakdance
I got Trojan's new cd-edition of The Wailers' "Soul Rebels" for christmas. There's an almost-naked chic with a machine gun on the cover you know.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Chili Peppers................By The Way.......

Excellent................even my Dad likes it....!!!!!

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

here's what i dont got recently:

extremely cool, by chucke e. weiss (lives up to its title, btw)

suicidal tendencies (been eyeing this for a while, just dropped in price)

buzzcocks, singles, going steady

safe as milk, by captain beefheart and his magic band; actually i got this one several years ago and just never really gave it much attention (never caught my fancy); interesting to see how my musical tastes have changed, 3 years ago i prefered the album 'trout mask replica', now 'safe as milk' beats it the pants off of it, by my reconning (not to insuld trout mask replica...).

Hard Rock 2
Top Of The Pops
- Both of these presents, nothing fantastic but at least Hard Rock has [b]Wherever You Will Go[b/] by The Calling

Feel free to move it! I just put it in the TV and Music forum 'cause it seemed to belong there....
Your absolutly right, I dont know why I even said it should be in another forum, I must of eaten something queer that day, whats more, even if I had wanted to move it, I couldnt, im not vested with special powers

The Libertines - Up the Bracket. Fun, sloppy garage rock/punk band from London. Fans of the Strokes or Richard Hell should love this.

Chicago (movie soundtrack). This is very cool (who knew Richard Gere could sing?) but the last two songs, the "rap" version of "Cell Block Tango," and "Love Is a Crime," suck on toast. Who needed pop songs? I didn't.

Thursday - Full Collapse. It's like a fight between The Cure, the Smiths, and Nirvana. I love this band.

I bought Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' new one "Nocturna" the other day. It's not close to my favourite, "The Boatman's Call", but there are some good ones on it.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I just got Cat Power - You Are Free, it's fantastic, Pidd, you would really like it if you haven't heard it already. hmm time to bring to life that music thread again eh?

What the hell? I thought I'd responded to this about Cat Power but apparantly I hadn't. Weird.... I saw her on Letterman and she was great. When I get my new pc I will start downloading like a raner in the slaner.

Now, to the real reason to why I'm writing here.

Today I bought The Jayhawks' new cd, "Rainy Day Music", and... I mean, I have just listened to the first few tracks on it, but... IT'S SO ****ING GREAT!!!! I know everybody who like alternative country, folk-pop or very 60's inspired pop/rock will love this! Think The Byrds, Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Ryan Adams, CSN&Y and mabye you get a picture of what this masterpiece sounds like. You might wanna think that "ooh, just another retro thing - don't need that" but YOU'RE WRONG!!! This, my friends, is timeless music, just like all great music of all times. It's not very often that I'm sold after hearing a song the first time, but the two opening tracks had that effect on me. Let's see, they're called: "Stumbling Through the Dark" and "Tailspin".

Man, this, in spite of the title, will be the cd of the summer.....

CHECK IT OUT!!!

BTW.. Sorry for double-posting but since I mentioned Letterman; hats off to him for having Dixie Chicks on his show during a time when a big part of USA is boycotting them for speaking out their mind.

Originally posted by Piddzilla
BTW.. Sorry for double-posting but since I mentioned Letterman; hats off to him for having Dixie Chicks on his show during a time when a big part of USA is boycotting them for speaking out their mind.
You don't think that's a little misleading? Lots of people speak out their mind. People boycotted them because they didn't like what they have to say. They were speaking their mind in response to the Dixie Chicks speaking theirs. It's free speech on part of both the protested AND the protester. I think people forget that.

Liam Lynch - Fake Songs. Liam Lynch is my new God. He's the creator of Sifl and Olly, he's directed a video for Tenacious D, and now he's put out the funniest CD I've ever heard. (For a really weird mind-warping time, watch the DVD that comes with it. ) Best track: The Happy Song.

"I am really special 'cause there's only one of me,
Look at my smile, I'm so damn happy,
other people are jealous of me,

When I'm sad and lonely, I like to sing this song,
it cheers me up and shows me
that I won't be sad for long
oh oh oh

I'm so happy I can barely breathe,
Puppy dogs, and sugar frogs,
and kitten's baby teeth

Watch out all you mothers
I'm happy, it's hardcore,
Happy as a coupon for a 20 dollar whore
ha ha ha

I am really happy, I'm sugar-coated me,
"happy good, anger bad," that's my philosophy
(I can't do this, man, I'm not happy...)

I am really special 'cause there's only one of me,
Look at my smile, I'm so damn happy,
other people are jealous of me,

These are my love handles,
and this is my spout,
But if you tip me over,
"momma said knock you out!"

I am special, I am happy,
I am gonna heave
Welcome to my happy world,
now get your sh*t and leave,

I am happy, I am good...
(I'm OUTTA here!....SCREW YOU!!!)

Originally Posted by Yoda
You don't think that's a little misleading? Lots of people speak out their mind. People boycotted them because they didn't like what they have to say. They were speaking their mind in response to the Dixie Chicks speaking theirs. It's free speech on part of both the protested AND the protester. I think people forget that.
I can't understand how I could miss this response....

Radio stations aren't "people" and I am glad, even though I am a little surprised too, that the US senate realizes that this is uncool too. It's not like there was an individual dj that decided he didn't want to play this group - it was big corporations with their bosses deciding what their dj's couldn't play.

Yesterday I picked up the new DJ Vinny Vicious, the last Camron album, Marilyn Manson's new album, and Diplomatic Immunity by the Diplomats.

Uh huh.