Lazy Days of summer film watching.

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Now that it is the eve of summer and with the chilluns straining their ears to catch each tick and tock of the second hand inch it's way closer to the last bell of the year signaling freedom, I finally have some time to lounge around all lazy like and viddy the films.

I'll probably start up posting a bit more and do want to finish my top 100 films list.

Something I was pondering the other day is how the same writer of one of my most beloved films Leon, can also be the writer of one of my most hated films, Taken.

I also watched Drive now that it is on Netflix. Wow. Great... freakin' movie!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Cool. I hope you do.

Also, I'll bite: why is Taken one of your most hated films? I can see why someone might not like it, and more, why someone might dislike it more than it deserves simply because some people gush over it, but outside of the expectations game, I'm having a heard time thinking of how someone could have a strong dislike of it, since it's so straightforward. Care to elaborate?

Cool. I hope you do.

Also, I'll bite: why is Taken one of your most hated films? I can see why someone might not like it, and more, why someone might dislike it more than it deserves simply because some people gush over it, but outside of the expectations game, I'm having a heard time thinking of how someone could have a strong dislike of it, since it's so straightforward. Care to elaborate?

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Cool. I hope you do.

Well, I have only seen the movie once and that was in theaters. I don't know if I can dig up an old post or not with my initial and immediate reactions and I have no clue why I thought of the movie now.

Mainly I didn't like it attempting to be more than a silly action film. It didn't work as a drama, or a thriller. I would have preferred a Steven Seagal type of movie because that's eventually what it turned into with the Liam Neeson character knowing everything and being able to outsmart, outfight, and outgun many baddies that anything it had going for it that was grounded in reality was lost on me. It became cartoonish, which again... is fine... if you're going the Steven Seagal route. I also seem to remember it has one of those cliche' "bad neglectful father redeeming himself" scenes.

I also really despised the girl who was kidnapped and would have liked a more toned down thing like The Limey instead of Taken, though I realize the daughter was dead in The Limey at the time of the film's action. I thought it was a waste really.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I didn't realize anyone gushed over Taken. I didn't hate it exactly, but I didn't find anything gushable about it.

I watched Dr. T and the Women today and had that same kind of feeling
I couldn't believe the same person who directed Nashville directed that