Carrie Remake

Tools    

Must be doin sumthin right
Can't stand Moretz as an actor and she's not weird looking enough

Peirce might've become more interesting in the 10+ years since Boys Don't Cry, but De Palma's one of my favorite directors. For all the flak he's gotten in the past for being lecherous or misogynistic, he's made many compelling and entertaining films centered around female characters with strong feminist themes. I think his Carrie is a very powerful movie and the best assemblage of his greatest talents

And the new adaptation will not take away from the original film. It's one of my all time favourite films but I'm willing to give the new adaptation a chance.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
The main thing that hoisted the creepy factor in Carrie was the fact that it was made in the 70s.

The trailer looks visually good and grabs your interest for what you'd expect for a modern horror. However I am yet to even see the original, really have to soon along with a load of others from DePalma.

Dressed to Kill, Scarface, Body Double, Casualties Of War, Raising Cain and Carlito's Way. That's what I'd recommend from De Palma. Of course, The Untouchables and Phantom Of Paradise are likely to be high on others lists.

Dressed to Kill, Scarface, Body Double, Casualties Of War, Raising Cain and Carlito's Way. That's what I'd recommend from De Palma. Of course, The Untouchables and Phantom Of Paradise are likely to be high on others lists.
Yeh most of them I had in mind + Blow Out, cheers.

Got Carlito's Way recorded on Sky so that will probably be my first viewing

Casualities of War A+

^I dug the music score as well as the acting all around.

The only Vietnam flick I can think of from recent years is Rescue Dawn, also excellent.

I think this actually looks pretty good. The new trailer feels to me like a 70s supernatural horror film. Still, I see no point in remaking it. There is no way this will top DePalma's version.

I'm not sure about this.Julianne Moore should be great for the role but Chloë Grace Moretz seems like a miscast.