Ron Paul 2012 Support.

Tools    

Palin's 1 for 3, to my mind; she's right on major economic issues and other things like that. You can argue about how she comes by those conclusions, I suppose, or contend that she believes what she does via a less-than-investigate process, but that's another matter.

Semper Fooey
I would probably voe for a Democratic candidate that was that cute. A dumb Democrat doesn't bother me as much as a dumb Republican. Especially now she has the long hair.

Ron Paul seems wrong to me. He looks like a cult leader, not a president. And he wants to legalize all drugs but he's against gay marriage (but wouldn't make it illegal)? I understand he's a libertarian and I see nothing wrong with that, but he's very extreme for right now and his views aren't on course with the way the nation is going. He scares me. One day, I hope somebody like Ron Paul -- but younger and more calm -- becomes president, but he's not right for the moment.

I'm not a fan of politics at all, but I don't think I can support him. He is like the creepy grandpa that wants to taint the young. If we've got a bad economy situation right now, we don't need this manic old fart who thinks he's 20 years old running the country. I would feel more comfortable with keeping Obama in office.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
2) The problem with heroin isn't what it does to the users, but what the users are willing to do to use more of it.
True. Actually, that seems to be the problem with most drugs. AND their manufacturers...

As for the Drug Tab; heh...
Yeah, that's a funny idea, but I can't imagine the legalization of illicit drugs would change my stance on experimenting with them.

Ron Paul isn't really against gay marriage, he's against the state having any official role in marriage at all. He doesn't think they should be "licensing" it or anything.

I dunno if his age matters, unless you mean you have concerns about his health. He seems pretty sharp and energetic for his age, though. I don't really care much about any candidate's age unless we're, I dunno, already into the 80s.

Ron Paul seems wrong to me. He looks like a cult leader, not a president. And he wants to legalize all drugs but he's against gay marriage (but wouldn't make it illegal)? I understand he's a libertarian and I see nothing wrong with that, but he's very extreme for right now and his views aren't on course with the way the nation is going. He scares me. One day, I hope somebody like Ron Paul -- but younger and more calm -- becomes president, but he's not right for the moment.
Of course his views don't parallel the nation's, that's why we need someone like him to get us out of this brainwashed mindset.

I'm not a fan of politics at all, but I don't think I can support him. He is like the creepy grandpa that wants to taint the young. If we've got a bad economy situation right now, we don't need this manic old fart who thinks he's 20 years old running the country. I would feel more comfortable with keeping Obama in office.
THAT scares me more than anything Ron Paul will ever say.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The libertarian argument is if heroin was legal, it would be cheaper and the junkies wouldn't have to steal and kill to buy it. I don't know if that is true or not, but even if it was, it is not good for society to have the streets littered with heroin addicts and legalization would mean more addicts.
There is absolutely zip zero nada evidence that point to this.

The fact is it is easier at this very moment to aquire heroin than it would be if it was a regulated product.

The fact that it is easy to access says more about the leaky border than anything else.

That and Afganistan continues to supply our shores with 90% of the heroin trade even though the opium fields are under guard by the USA military.

its mind boggling actually.

I was just thinking he looks like Ian McKellen and I see I'm not the first to think so.

I still say he's a bad move.

I was just thinking he looks like Ian McKellen and I see I'm not the first to think so.

I still say he's a bad move.
basing a president based on who you'd like as friday night date maybe isn't the way to go SC.

just sayen

&feature=related

not that it matters. he doesnt stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nomonation.

Semper Fooey
That's why Hillary Clinton lost. She should have ran ten years ago when she was still attractive.

I'm being very serious. This really has nothing to do with the candidate's looks -- although, I do believe looks do say something. The Oracle of Sexiness is warning all of you to have some faith in our current president and don't go Lady Gaga over this Ron Paul character with his promises of a different spin on American life. I sense he'll only make things worse, not better. Based on what I'm reading, I'm getting the idea that he won't know how to take care of the nation. I'm also really disturbed by the idea of legalizing all drugs. His grandpa image doesn't sell anything to me. I bet if he was much younger, nobody would take him seriously right now.

I really like how you have no freedom to even give an opinion about a Presidential candidate in here without getting a negative rep. Thanks, wintertriangles. Thanks a lot. Let's let all the heroin addicts die, like what wintertriangles wants.

I just don't like the fact that you're making illegitimate, shallow responses about things you clearly haven't thought about...consistently. I would be happy to see an actual argument from you against Ron Paul like a couple others have provided.

Ron Paul's political commitment (what "extreme", "crazy", and "radical" really means) is what makes him popular as popular as he is, but paradoxically it's also the thing that will prevent him from being elected.

That's because -- and this is not even to subtly imply that the U.S. has any semblance of real democracy -- the situation chooses the man much more than the man creates the situation. The situation is a vast machinery chugging along with a very certain momentum. People like Sexy Celebrity are what make up this machinery. Anything even remotely questioning of its immediate trajectory "scares" people like him.

I think there's a slight difference between an opinion about a candidate and vague things about how they look or act. Not liking Ron Paul because of his positions is totally legitimate, and it happens to be an opinion I share. But I wouldn't oppose someone because I just had a sense about them, or because they look like Ian McKellan. Heck, that last one almost sounds like a positive.

I didn't say I was against him because he looks like Ian McKellen. I'm against him because he also looks like the Heaven's Gate leader.

I just don't like the fact that you're making illegitimate, shallow responses about things you clearly haven't thought about...consistently. I would be happy to see an actual argument from you against Ron Paul like a couple others have provided.
A never ending war is good for business. And business is booming. There is no way, no how that Ron Paul gets the nomination, mainly imo because he has been consistant in his views regardless of the audience before him.

Paul is essentially a third party candidate that calls himself a republican because 3rd parties do not have full ballot access.

Which is a shame, because this election is shaping up to be a repeat of 2004. The incumbent is ripe for the taking, but the opposition is going to field a lameduck candidate.

Semper Fooey
A never ending war is good for business. And business is booming. There is no way, no how that Ron Paul gets the nomination, mainly imo because he has been consistant in his views regardless of the audience before him.

Paul is essentially a third party candidate that calls himself a republican because 3rd parties do not have full ballot access.

Which is a shame, because this election is shaping up to be a repeat of 2004. The incumbent is ripe for the taking, but the opposition is going to field a lameduck candidate.
It's not never ending. We are going to be out of Iraq pretty soon.

A completely isolationist foreign policy like Ron Paul advocates is bad.

Neither Barack Obama or any Democrat would have invaded Iraq under the circumstances Bush did, but once there you can't just suddenly pull out and leave a chaotic situation that could have made Iraq a haven for Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

It's not never ending. We are going to be out of Iraq pretty soon.

How can you say that with a straight face?

it was bollocks in 2008 and its bollocks now.

Unless you mean, the troops will be pulled out save 50.000 or so hangen out in teh Green Zone while another hot spot is created for them to be sent to.

is that what you mean?