Red Dead Redemption

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Just got 100% completion on this and only got 2 trophies on single player left to get. Not as expansive as you think once get going and learn the tricks like using the campsite for free instant travel and maps to find plants etc.

Online is pretty fun though few times i've played just get absolute tossers who spend whole time killing you while you're trying to do the actual stuff on it.

Yes I've been using maps the find the plants on a couple of the challenges. They are a great help. Occasionally I fast travel, but I very much enjoy the random encounters.

Also I think the stranger missions increase the expansiveness of the game. I've put close to 15 hours or so in it and I'm about 18-percent finished.

Right now I'm working on several of the missions with Seth. I enjoy the grave-robbing, misanthropic, and crazy ole' coot very much. In a way, scary as this is, he reminds me a bit of me.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

there's a frog in my snake oil

Oo, a whole RDR thread

I've been giving honey-dripping salutes to it over on the tab. Pretty close to completing the main story now (tho I've been taking it very slow and doing all the side missions - I quite like that new 'happenstance' ones seem to pop up as you go along - like a woman up in tall trees who'd had her cart stolen and you had to figure out which road the thieves would likely be on, and look out for circling vultures).

Not normally a completist but I have got into trying to get all the different costumes and that. One thing that has been annoying me is the way they make you start from scratch on the flower/pelt collecting - why not just include the ones you may have picked up by chance? Flower collecting in general gets a bit galling (I do like that it makes you explore the wilds a bit more, but it is a bit of a pain, and if anything makes the flora less 'connected' to the whole once you're seeking them as items / looking at them up close - jars a bit amongst all the ambient meshing of elements. At least if you could use them to heal/improve yourself or your horse in some way it wouldn't feel like a grind)

Still, those are mainly quibbles - as a whole it's a crazy alternate-universe to get lost in. Liking the direction the story has taken in many ways (I was expecting it to stop post-Blackwater).

Now, if I could just manage to disarm six bad guys without reloading... (last thing I need to get the Clint-ish uber-dead-eye get up )