8.finding nemo
7.ratatouille
6.wall-e
5.a bug's life
4.toy story 2
3.cars
2.incredibles
1.a bug's life

After reading MovieMad16's recent reviews of Pixar movies, I went looking for a "best Pixar" thread. Here is how I rank the Pixar movies (currently totaling 11 films).

1. Toy Story
2. Toy Story 3
3. Up
4. Toy Story 2
5. The Incredibles
6. Finding Nemo
7. Wall-E
8. Monsters, Inc.
9. Cars
10. Ratatouille
11. A Bug's Life

In order.

1) Finding Nemo
2) Toy Story
3) Wall-E
4) Monster's Inc.
5) The Incredibles
6) A Bug's Life
7) Toy Story 2
8) Cars
9) Ratatouille

1. Up
2. Toy Story
3. WALL-E
4. Toy Story 3
5. Finding Nemo
6. Toy Story 2
7. Ratatouille
8. The Incredibles
9. Monster's Inc.
10. A Bugs Life
11. Cars

1. Up
2. Toy Story
3. WALL-E
4. Toy Story 3
5. Finding Nemo
6. Toy Story 2
7. Ratatouille
8. The Incredibles
9. Monster's Inc.
10. A Bugs Life
11. Cars
That's mine as well.. Cars is my least favourite.
Up & Wall-E are masterpieces in animated storytelling.

1. Finding Nemo
2. WALL-E
3. Ratatouille
4. Monster's Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story
n. Up
n+1. Cars

For me, Up was a messy, uneven dumping ground for some various unused designs/ideas from other films. The introductory sequence was pretty much perfect though. Should've been a short.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
1. Toy Story 3

2. Toy Story 2

3. Toy Story

4. The Incredibles/Monsters Inc/Finding Nemo

5. Cars/Up/Wall-E/Bugs Life/Ratatouille

11. A Bug's Life
10. Cars
9. Monsters Inc.
8. Finding Nemo
7. Toy Story
6. The Incredibles
5. Ratatouille
4. Toy Story 2
3. Up
2. Wall-E
1. Toy Story 3

Put me in your pocket...
1. Up
2. Toy Story 3
3. The Incredibles
4. WALL-E
5. Finding Nemo
6. Toy Story & Toy Story 2
7. Ratatouille
8. Monster's Inc.
9. Cars
10. A Bugs Life

For me, Up was a messy, uneven dumping ground for some various unused designs/ideas from other films. The introductory sequence was pretty much perfect though. Should've been a short.
Ok…I'm finally closing my mouth….
Up touched me the most out of all of the Pixar movies. Maybe it's being in the relatable situation of what do you do with Grandma or mom when its clear they can't live alone anymore….and the whole old age theme with this young kid who brings some meaning and light back into his life.

I'm really curious why you felt it was a mess. I'm not jumping on you (I've hated movies others have loved too).…just extremely curious. What did you feel was a "dumping ground" from other ideas and designs?

Couldn't agree more, Annie. I'm putting the finishing touches on a thematic analysis of Up, and having seen it something like 5 or 6 times now, I'm amazed at how well it holds up. Similarly, I'm rewatching WALL-E, and it feels so much shallower. I always cringe when someone asks me to pick my favorite Pixar film, because inevitably 3 or 4 are all bunched together with only the slightest of gradations in quality between them. But the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Up is probably the best, and if not, it's right there.

That said, even though I completely disagree with PN's conclusion, something in his comment does resontate with me: the idea of it being made up of "unused designs" and the like. Even though I think it's a flippin' brilliant movie, it did feel kind of haphazard the first time I saw it. The individual elements aren't really of a single kind. An old man, a young boy, a bird, a dog, talking dogs, airships, a jungle environment...it's very eclectic. It doesn't fit a single theme or a style the way most animated family films do. Now, I happen to think that's a positive, and it sort of rings true more for me that way, because it feels like obvious and constructed. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't "get" how it might feel a little haphazard for some. I would, however, recommend anyone who feels this way watch it again, because I've noticed new parallels and themes each time I've seen it.

This is really happening
List is not really set in stone in any way (the difference between #4 and #5 is really nothing, for example)

11. Cars
10. A Bug's Life
9. Toy Story 3
8. WALL-E
7. Ratatouille
6. Monster's Inc.
5. Up
4. Toy Story 2
3. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
1. The Incredibles

Put me in your pocket...
Couldn't agree more, Annie. I'm putting the finishing touches on a thematic analysis of Up, and having seen it something like 5 or 6 times now, I'm amazed at how well it holds up.
That sounds really interesting. Are you going to post your analysis here or is it for something else?

That said, even though I completely disagree with PN's conclusion, something in his comment does resontate with me: the idea of it being made up of "unused designs" and the like. Even though I think it's a flippin' brilliant movie, it did feel kind of haphazard the first time I saw it. The individual elements aren't really of a single kind. An old man, a young boy, a bird, a dog, talking dogs, airships, a jungle environment...it's very eclectic. It doesn't fit a single theme or a style the way most animated family films do. Now, I happen to think that's a positive, and it sort of rings true more for me that way, because it feels like obvious and constructed. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't "get" how it might feel a little haphazard for some. I would, however, recommend anyone who feels this way watch it again, because I've noticed new parallels and themes each time I've seen it.
I wanted to address "The individual elements aren't really of a single kind. An old man, a young boy, a bird, a dog, talking dogs, airships, a jungle environment...it's very eclectic. "

I do see what your saying...it does look eclectic. However, for me, the single element that brings them all together is that they are all misplaced in their own worlds and are looking for something. The badge isn't what the little boy is really trying to gain, it's just a means to get what he wants...as is the old man's quest to get that house next to the falls. There's meaning behind the maddness, as is the maddness behind the bad guy wanting to get the bird. Even the dog is misplaced among all of the dogs, but still craves love and acceptance which I think can be relatable to kids to don't quiet fit in. They all basically want the same thing, just in a different way. Anyway...I hope you post your analysis. I'd love to read it.

And I agree that I hope those who brushed off Up will give it another chance and try to look beyond the eclectic stuff and look a little deeper.

#1. Cars
#2. Toy Story
#3. The Incredibles
#4. Monsters Inc.
#5. Up
#6. Ratatouille
#7. Toy Story 2
#8. A Bug's Life
#9. Finding Nemo

Wall-E and Toy Story 3---N/A

No Apologies. No Regrets.
All of them deserve 5's except the incredibles ill give that a 3 1/2

I will have to watch Up again before responding properly, Aniko/Yods. I'm having trouble reconciling the "eclectic" works I like with what I perceive to be the "mess" in Up. In general though... I might tend to shy away from works without a cohesive aesthetic.

No sweat. For the record, I would find it hard to argue with that attitude. It's not one I'd share, because I can't deny that Up had quite an impact on me (and still does), but I don't think judging movies at least partially by how consistent their aesthetic is is an indefensible thing, by any means. It just might mean lower ratings for some of the more inventive films out there, is all.