Schindler's List

→ in
Tools    

I liked the "could have saved more" scene.But I feel that the red girl is sentimental,however popular she has become.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
...trying to create a more believable central romance would really have helped the movie. It's weird...
This movie needs some romance? I left your next quote to echo my feelings about that.

I am the Watcher in the Night
This movie needs some romance? I left your next quote to echo my feelings about that.
It doesn't need it but a romance where someone cheats on his wife multiple occasions and abandons her (not accurate to the real Schindler story, his wife was very much an integral part in saving the Jews) all of sudden to then have a change of heart and go back to her and she takes him back. This, in a movie supposedly based in reality, feels jarred by moments such as this, leading to a sense of unreality, almost fantasy. It's a minor gripe really as I like the film and it's still terrific, just not as good as when I first saw it.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I liked the "could have saved more" scene. But I feel that the red girl is sentimental, however popular she has become.
WARNING: spoilers below
Putting on the gold pin at the beginning and removing it at the end are bookends. The climactic line of dialog is "I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!" That dialog, the scene where it's spoken, and the movie as a whole are about the girl in red.

I love the movie and how Liam Neeson portrayed his character.

its just mind boggling how nazis would should some poor jew in the head just for doing 1 thing wrong...great film indeed

I found Schindler's List to be thought-provoking, memorable and a must-see!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought it was really good, and possibly put it in my top ten movies of all time. Definitely top 20.

However, one part of the movie, have trouble identifying with is, I do not understand why the writers felt they needed to have a main antagonist (Amon Goeth). It seems to me that the nazi army in general, was enough to get the point across, and we didn't need a single soldier to be the lead baddy if that makes sense.

I felt that perhaps the subplot with his housekeeper slave was unnecessary as the point of the Jews suffering was already more than well made, which is good, and the housekeeper subplot feels like extra icing on the cake that doesn't really add anything perhaps.

But still very good. What do you think?

As people we feel greater empathy for (and have greater interest in) individuals than we do groups, so pretty much all storytelling involves grafting larger issues onto individuals. Sometimes it's done well and works, and sometimes it doesn't, but the mere attempt is intrinsically justified by the decision to tell a story at all as opposed to, say, making a documentary.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
That's true. I guess that's why Schindler's List is a more popular movie than Shoah perhaps, cause it deals with those characters more, where as Shoah concentrates more on the events?