80's Sci-Fi Recommendations

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have been on a 80's Sci-Fi kick lately and just need some recommendations for some good ones I have missed because I am sure I have missed plenty. I will make a list and try to remember all the ones I have seen recently below.

Saturn 3 - Farrah Fawcett naked (well just slightly).

Def Con 4
Deep Star Six
Planet of Terror
Galaxina

Escape from New York
No Blades of Grass
Outland
- Has Sean Connery ever changed?
Scanners
Videodrome

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone - One of my first posts on this site was me asking a question trying to find the name of this movie and I don't remember who but someone got it right and I just got around to watching it again.

Night of the Comet
Repo Man
The Philadelphia Experiment
Brazil

The Quiet Earth
The Wraith
Akira
The Blob
They Live
Leviathan

Soylent Green
A Boy and His Dog

Also just watched a couple movies written by Gene Roddenberry as made for TV movies but were still quite good.

Genesis II
Planet Earth

Their are a lot that I have obviously seen in the past along with everyone else this is just to name a few:

Black Hole
Star Wars
The Terminator
Predator
Running Man
Star Trek - all of them
Robocop
Alien - All of them
Back to the future
Spaceballs
Superman - all of them
Critters - all of them
Short Circuit
The Abyss
Tron
Blade Runner
Flash Gordon
Highlander - All of them

Suggestions do not need to be limited to the 80's, 70's and early 90's are also good, horror films are also great just no slasher flicks or anything like that.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I hope you've seen Blade Runner and only forgot to mention it...
What about Tarkovsky's Solaris? Lopushansky's films? Szulkin's Golem?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Yes I have seen Blade Runner and forgot to put it down, I really enjoyed Tarkovsky's Solaris, I did not enjoy the George Clooney remake at all. I will definitely check out the other ones you've mentioned.

I present to you cult 80s sci-fi gem, Slipstream,

Bill Paxton (suitably roguish) and Mark Hamill (in a villainous turn) clash over the fate of Byron (played by Bob Peck) and if you see this movie for no other reason, it should be to witness Peck's superb job as the poetic android.

Despite its typical B grade 80s post-apocalypse cheesiness, there is some thoughtfulness here, interesting dialogue and character development, modestly exploring themes of what constitutes humanity and keeping hope for the future. In other words, a poor man's Blade Runner. If you like low budget 80s sci-fi, Slipstream is a pleasant surprise.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I will definitely check out the other ones you've mentioned.
If you'd like to know more about Lopushansky check out my post here.

Hi aka. Here is a few to consider:

Logan's Run (1976)
Capricorn One (1978)
The Final Countdown (1980)
Hanger 18 (1980)
The Day After (1983)
2010 The Year We Made Contact (1984)
Communion (1989)
Contact (1997)
Red Planet (2000)

This link may be of help also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_of_the_1980s

I second Logan's Run, Capricorn One, The Hidden and Alien Nation. All are films I'd have mentioned if they already hadn't been. I'm sure you've seen it, but as it's not listed, Total Recall. Also, Cube.

Gattaca

The Deadly Spawn

Silent Running

Westworld/Futureworld

Cocoon

Dark City

The Thirteenth Floor

Pi

Strange Days

Fire In The Sky

The Stepford Wives (I also like Stepford Children)

Assuming you've seen the first, then

"Beneath"", Escape", "Conquest", "Battle"

Soylent Green

The Andromeda Strain

I'll stop now and let someone else have a turn. But if they don't, I'll throw some more out.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Death Race 2000 (1975)
Damnation Alley (1977)
The Lathe of Heaven (1980)
Liquid Sky (1982)
Strange Invaders (198)3
Dune (1984)
Trancers (1985)
Invaders from Mars (Tobe Hooper's remake of the 50's classic)(1986)
I Come in Peace (AKA Dark Angel) (1990)
Screamers (1995)
The City of Lost Children (1995)

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I forgot to mention the " Mad Max" trilogy.

A few more.

Starcrash, if you want to see a cheap cash-in version of Star Wars, while Battle Beyond The Stars is a sci-fi Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

The Battlestar Galactica films, which are an edited version of the first 3 episodes of season 1 and Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack, which is two episodes, "The Living Legend" and "Fire in Space". Frankly, I'd just go and watch the entire series, as it's great and much more fun than the reboot. There's also Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.

Rollerball

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Xtro

Fantastic Planet

Q - The Winged Serpent

The Food Of The Gods

Demon Seed

Dark Star

The Man Who Fell To Earth

Cherry 2000

They're from the 60's, but there's also Village Of The Dammed and the Japanese Godzilla movies.

I could add hundreds of science fiction anime movies as well, from the 1970's to the early 1990's (a very large proportion of science fiction exists in the form of anime). Also, there are a few must watch science fiction movies not mentioned yet from this timeframe, these four are among the greatest movies ever made (of any type, they rise far above any of the films mentioned earlier, which appear to be all from the US):

Solaris (1972)

Stalker (1979) (even better than Solaris, though it is a very minimalistic science fiction film, it's my favorite Western Movie)

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984) (best science fiction movie ever made, IMO)

Castle in the Sky (1986) (slightly weaker than Nausicaa, but still a masterpiece)

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Thanks so much everybody, I have seen most of the ones listed but just completely forgot to put in my original post but their are some really good looking ones that I have not see and can't wait to get around to it, also some listed I'm having trouble getting a hold of without just going out and buying them.

Not sure if this is Horror or Sci-Fi or just a bit of both but if you've seen The Incredible Melting Man than let me know if it's worth it.

Another one I'm having trouble getting from Netflix or Amazon Instant video.