12 Rounds

→ in
Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I decided that today would be a good day to give myself a Mother's Day present. Tuesday is one of my least busy days or nights sometimes. On Mother's Day I will be busy catering to other Mother's and have no time for me.

12 Rounds interested me principally because it is set in New Orleans a city that I happen to love to visit.

I knew the minute I saw WWE on it, I was quite possibly in trouble. LOL.

Overall it was m'kay though. It was one of those action films with side ways filming, lots of shadows and light obscuring the action, and constant action type flicks.

The male lead character was played by John Cena. He was clearly HUGE under his clothes which he didn't take off and which didn't fit him well. It was as if he was trying to hide how big he is and blend in as a normal dude. It didn't work though.

The female lead was played by Ashley Scott. There is something wrong about her face, probably too much plastic surgery. I would never cast her in anything. She does look vaguely cat like but the plastic look just is jarring. Don't even get me started on her hair cut.

There were so many things wrong with the "action" in the film. If a person didn't know that from common sense, and found themselves in circumstances at all similar, they could easily get killed while thinking what they were doing would work. That bothers me.

There was NOT ONE authentic Southern or New Orleans accent in the entire film btw. I always mourn when movies and TV shows fail that because I adore listening to a real New Orleans accent.

*sigh*

All in all it was mindless entertainment though the filming style and lighting were, at times, hard to follow and jarring.

I'd give it about a 2 out of 5.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Nice review I am looking forward to seeing this

you can't see it LOL (ok i confess only a fan of cena's IN THE RING is gonna get that but i couldn't resist)

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Ha haha ha... oh thuggy you little jokester you.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man