favorite movie monolouges

Tools    

what is a monolouge in a movie that has stuck with you/you'll always remember/made it stick out etc...

this rant by John Travolta opens Swordfish a pretty good movie in general as well if u haven't seen it kinda makes you think of certain movies to which this applies and those of you can see how it flows with the rest of the film the ending in particular (sorry not a spoiler for spoilers sake kinda guy mostly)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
1 point deducted for grammar. Spell gudder. MONOLOGUE. Also, explain how Swordfish was a good movie? It was mediocre at best, saying it's good is giving it a little too much credit.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Welcome to the human race...
Now I know this has been done before. I have to admit, I tried carrying out my own search and couldn't find threads I knew existed. The search function on this site has some flaws to it...

I'm going to nominate Richard Linklater's monologue from the beginning of Slacker, just to be different...

Now I know this has been done before. I have to admit, I tried carrying out my own search and couldn't find threads I knew existed. The search function on this site has some flaws to it...
Maybe you weren't spelling it right.

Well, wouldn't you know it. One more point deducted for not conducting a thorough search. Of course, doubt you would've found anything with monologue being misspelled and all.

- The Greatest Movie Speeches

I have several favorite movie monologs, starting with the famous spoken and sung Solilolquy of the character Billy Bigelow (played by Gordon MacRae in the 1956 musical Carousel). If you have children, especially a daughter, that solilolquy will have special meaning as one of the greatest expressions of a father's love for his unborn child. It was a favorite of Frank Sinatra who was originally to play that role in the film.

Another great monolog is Jack Nicholson's rant against women in The Witches of Eastwick (1987) after the three female witches conjure up a wind storm that blows Nicholson down a street and through the doors of a church.

One of the greatest monologs, of course, is Bogart telling Mary Astor why he's going to send her over for murder in The Maltese Falcon (1941). And if you mention Bogart, you've also got to mention his goodbye monolog in Casablanca (1942).

But the absolute best monolog ever is James Cagney as the irrepressable C.R. MacNamara barking out a fast string of orders as he tries to convert former communist Horst Buchholz into a working capitalist and titled count in the few hours before Buchholz is to meet new bride Pamela Tiffin's parents (her father is MacNamara's boss) in the funny Wilder comedy One, Two, Three (1961). Cagney's monolog was delivered at breakneck speed in a scene running some minutes that was filmed in one long take. Because he had trouble with that monolog, Cagney decided to retire from the movies.