Will Movies become obsolete in the future ?

Tools    

First of all I am new to this forum so I wanted to say hi to all people here.I hope I'll have a great time here...😉
Now I was thinking about this thing.
What do you think will movies become obsolete in the future ( I am talking about 50+ years because I know movies will not go away in 10 or 15 years)
Or maybe a new form of entertainment will emerge that's better and more...entertaining maybe lol.
Share your thoughts

No, and I'm not really sure I understand how or why it would happen, even theoretically. Movies haven't supplanted books, after all, because they have different limitations and capabilities.

That said, I think video games will continue to grow in popularity and influence and more or less be accepted as a type of art form before the century is out (and probably much sooner).

First of all I am new to this forum so I wanted to say hi to all people here.I hope I'll have a great time here...😉
What do you think will movies become obsolete in the future ( I am talking about 50+ years because I know movies will not go away in 10 or 15 years)
Or maybe a new form of entertainment will emerge that's better and more...entertaining maybe lol.
Share your thoughts
I don't know...movies appeal to two senses - sight and hearing. Maybe they'll do something appealing to more, or even all 5 senses.

Hi and welcome, brother or sister!

As i quote someone said "this still young form of art" something like that. Just see things like literature, painting, music, and expect to see audiovisual medium like cinema end "sooner"?

I think everyones in a hurry to make things obsolete and the way things are going, itd be foolish to abandon an artform that encompasses music dance fine art culinary spoken word fantasy, etc. movies are one stop shopping. Theyre here to stay. Btw i hate Apple's attitude towards their customers. Lol

Share your thoughts
I don't know...movies appeal to two senses - sight and hearing. Maybe they'll do something appealing to more, or even all 5 senses.

Hi and welcome, brother or sister!
Haha thanks man, I'm a dude.

No, and I'm not really sure I understand how or why it would happen, even theoretically. Movies haven't supplanted books, after all, because they have different limitations and capabilities.

That said, I think video games will continue to grow in popularity and influence and more or less be accepted as a type of art form before the century is out (and probably much sooner).
Yes but if after 100 years movies become a thing of the past, like theatre plays today, I say they are practically dead. What was your last time you went to see a theatre play...you see what I mean?

I feel like old formats will look even more antiquated than they do now, and not just because of the low resolution. I mean TV produced on outside broadcast videotape for example. Also the process the BBC used to use of doing interiors in the studio on video but outdoor stuff on film, so you have both formats in the same production and you're switching from one to the other all the time.

You mean going to a cinema to watch a film or films as a whole? With the appearance of Netflix and such I feel that cinema-goers are steadily becoming less and less unless it's some blockbuster.

I don't believe movies will go away. But how they'e shot and the technologies used may change considerably. Movies are a fundamental and critical way of conveying a story... as is the "novel." People will still want to tell (and be told) stories by using "visuals" (meaning both audio & video) as people will still want to read novels and creating their own visual imagery.

I'm sure they'll be around for a while. Maybe with newer technological advances (3D holograms, etc.), but it will still be about telling a story.

Yes but if after 100 years movies become a thing of the past, like theatre plays today, I say they are practically dead. What was your last time you went to see a theatre play...you see what I mean?
No, I don't see what you mean at all. Theater plays? They are not dead, bro. Trust me.

You know what is pretty beat, though? This topic. No offense but this doesn't have a pot to piss in, this thread.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Coming from a New Yorker, plays and musicals are not dead. There are still hundreds of thousands of tourists who see shows in Times Square every day.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nope. Not happening. Visual art will always be around.