Great Arm Wrestling moments in film

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Yes, lets work those biceps.

What are some great, or not so great, arm wrestling moments in film.

I'll start with The Appaloosa in a bout between Brando and John Saxon. Mainly it's an average western, with a really cool moment in it when Brando confronts bandit, Saxon in his quest to get back his horse.

Well they arm wrestle with their arms tied down, but the stakes are raised because the loser will get stung by a scorpion. In this case Brando loses the match and is stung by the menacing bug but he acts quick and breaks a bottle to scratch out the venom.

Yes high stakes arm wrestling in The Appaloosa.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

The Fly is an obvious (if cringe-inducing) choice.

I'm pretty sure we could pull half a dozen from Stallone's immortal Over the Top. You're just not winning an arm wrestling match with a guy named Lincoln Hawk. Not happening. Not now, not ever.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Oh God yes!

The Fly, I think that movie probably scared people away from arm wrestling strangers for quite some time. I thought of that scene when making this thread but figured I'd let someone else mention it.

I haven't seen the film in several years, but that scene definitely is sticky in my mind. YUCK!

Although it's technically not an arm wrestle in the traditional sense, Ah-nuld takes on
Apollo Creed himself for an awe-inspiring "duel" of sorts, which Arnold wins. Obviously

*Edit: spent the whole day studying for an exam tomorrow, and now I can't even make cohesive sentences :s

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man. The guys and gals over at movie fans aka netflix suggest P.K. and the kid (1987)

Who's still trying to shake the shivers off from memories of The Fly.

I remember a TV episode of The Six Million Dollar Man where Steve actually wins a contest with his nonbionic arm - or is that not true?

Yes, lets work those biceps.

What are some great, or not so great, arm wrestling moments in film.

I'll start with The Appaloosa in a bout between Brando and John Saxon. Mainly it's an average western, with a really cool moment in it when Brando confronts bandit, Saxon in his quest to get back his horse.

Well they arm wrestle with their arms tied down, but the stakes are raised because the loser will get stung by a scorpion. In this case Brando loses the match and is stung by the menacing bug but he acts quick and breaks a bottle to scratch out the venom.

Yes high stakes arm wrestling in The Appaloosa.
Yeah, the scorpion-scored arm wrestling in The Appaloosa was the first thing I thought of, too. No other movie upped the ante like that one.

Second choice is the upright arm wrestling while balanced on two planks in the barn-raising dance sequence of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Contestants rise and fall in a hurry.

This ones abit of an unusual choice, but i always thought the scene in Revenge of the nerds where they are arm-wrestling at the home coming perade was pretty funny.

Although it's technically not an arm wrestle in the traditional sense, Ah-nuld takes on
Apollo Creed himself for an awe-inspiring "duel" of sorts, which Arnold wins. Obviously

*Edit: spent the whole day studying for an exam tomorrow, and now I can't even make cohesive sentences :s
“Dillion! You Son of a Bitch!”

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
ok, not from a movie but i just couldn't resist mentioning one of my favorite tv moments...

Doodie vs Bunny!

aaaaahhhh i'm so angry! i was jjjust coming in here to post that

Ace Ventura... He are wrestles one of the old players to check and see if one of his diamonds is missing from his superbowl ring.

-Hattori Hanzo

I'm surprised Predator wasn't mentioned here – that mid-air arm-wrestling scene at the beginning .