The MoFo Top 100 Television Series of All-Time

Tools    

This is a crazy, fvcked-up show, but sometimes downright one of the most hilarious shows ever.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Just got my 70's list in, so time to focus on this one. I've already got a rough one started, but I definitely need more time. Expect a lot of cop dramas, sci-fi, AD and Hannibal. And don't worry, to whoever forgot it earlier, The Twilight Zone will be high on my list!

Just submitted my list. Going to be honest though, I much prefer movies to TV shows so a lot of my picks will probably be from when I was younger and watched more TV. This also means a lot of TV shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, 24 and other series of the like that I have never seen will not be on my list.

PMMM and Avatar will both probably make my list
I think you will like Lain more though, even though I personally put PMMM above the other 23 TV shows in my top 25 combined (with the exception of Haibane Renmei which I regard as superior in a few ways). Never heard of this Avatar show, though.

Edit: I see, after some googling, Avatar is an american animated TV series made for teenager boys, hum, I don't know if I would like it though. In terms of anime I guess the stuff most similar to it would be shonen series like DragonBall, Naruto and Bleach.

Just submitted my list. Going to be honest though, I much prefer movies to TV shows so a lot of my picks will probably be from when I was younger and watched more TV. This also means a lot of TV shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, 24 and other series of the like that I have never seen will not be on my list.
That brings more diversity. If everybody voted for all these new popular HBO shows and related ones then I will get like 15 singular picks of mine into the top 100 since all other points would be concentrated in the top 20. I actually included these popular HBO shows into my top 25 since they indeed represent the best that English language television has to offer though my favorite English language TV show is from the 1990's.

I'm sorry, anime haters, but IF I'm sending in a list, Cowboy Bebop will be on it.

It actually contained some of the best television I've ever seen.

And there's one episode that is one of the coolest spoofs of Alien EVER (and that has a pretty awesome metaphorical message as an underlying theme that you can only get when you've watched the whole series up until then).
I would have guessed you would love it. Indeed it's one of the best TV shows of all time, similar shows in terms of tone were directed by the same man, Shinichiro Watanabe, such as Kids on the Slope and Samurai Shamploo are the other ones I watched (Bebop has been more memorable to me though, I first watched it when I was 13 and I still remembered the most episodes when I re-watched it a two of years ago), although he is not as popular in Japan as among Western anime fans (thanks to the very heavy western influence in all works he directed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinichir%C5%8D_Watanabe).

Let the night air cool you off
TV lists are probably not the most well-suited for our arthouse mafia members, but you guys need to turn in some lists too. We need to get Fanny and Alexander on this list.

I watched Fanny and Alexander just this past week, will no doubt make my list.

I'm not sure whether I will put Fanny and Alexander on my list. I think it's great, and I have watched the TV version, but in my mind it's a movie and I think it will be a bit weird with all these different kind of shows appearing on my list. Weird and I know some will disagree with me, but yeh

For your consideration...
"Moonlighting" (1985-1989)
&feature=kp

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not sure whether I will put Fanny and Alexander on my list. I think it's great, and I have watched the TV version, but in my mind it's a movie and I think it will be a bit weird with all these different kind of shows appearing on my list. Weird and I know some will disagree with me, but yeh
I may be with you, have not decided yet. Plus I have only watched theatrical version at this point. It was on my 80's list.

I've started watching Twin Peaks. I was worried that it wouldn't feel very Lynchian, since it was a network television show that aired over 20 years ago, but I'm only four episodes into it and there has already been a dream sequence involving a midget--- er, excuse, little person--- speaking cryptically and dancing. So yeah, it definitely feels like David Lynch. I'm really enjoying it so far.