Spider-Man: Homecoming

Tools    

Spider-Man is being rebooted again as we all know.

Sony and Marvel buried the hatchet and Spidey is set to star, in part, in the next Avengers movie leading the way for him to become a full on member of The Avengers.

It also meant that Sinister Six was halted. SS was to tie in with The Amazing Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield version) but due to the cancellation of TAS-M, Sinister Six was put on the back burner.
This news about a new Spidey Movie makes it possible to tie the SS movie in with that instead of the now cancelled Amazing Spider-Man 3.

It appears Sony have hired Drew Goddard, writer/director of Cabin In The Woods, to write and direct a new, full on, Spider-Man movie.

So, rather than just having him appear in Avengers, he's getting his own movie reboot too. Again. Again.

Year and cast yet unknown obviously as Goddard hasn't even begun writing it yet.

There's a rumor that Spider-Man won't be a white guy (and will most likely be a black guy).

There's also a rumor that Tobey Maguire will play Spider-Man again, something I'm rooting for, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I really hope the Toby Maguire rumour is false, he was terrible as Peter Parker/ Spiderman. I would love for the new Spiderman to be a little older and have Joseph Gordan Levitt take on the role. He's a fantastic actor and looks fairly young anyway.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

The only rumor I'm liking, is the one about J.K. Simmons returning in his iconic role! But honestly, the last 3 Spidey flicks having been worth it, so I would rather have them stop and think for a second instead of shoveling out reboots and remakes of the same character with only a few years space.

Spider-Man is being rebooted again...Year unknown obviously.
Actually the currently untitled Spider-Man flick has a release date already. It had a release date since it was first announced that Spider-Man joined the MCU on February 10th. It will be released as announced on July 28, 2017.

Marvel's slate of other releases had to be shifted in order to have Spidey to get that date. Thor: Ragnarok was moved to November 3, 2017. Black Panther, starring Chadwick Boseman, had been in that slot, so it moved eight months to July 6, 2018. That date belonged to Captain Marvel, so that pic has been pushed back to November 2, 2018. That was when Inhumans was set to arrive, so that one now is set for release July 12, 2019.

3 reboots in about a decade is too many, but I still have hopes for the new film to be decent since most of the MCU films are

It better not be another Origin movie, if so then I'm not wasting my time. We all know the back story, just progress it from there.

It better not be another Origin movie, if so then I'm not wasting my time. We all know the back story, just progress it from there.
Agreed on that - I heard that Marvel's releasing extras on DVDs anyway for their previous movies which delve more into the origins.

Again it's not....I posted this on here already someplace but I'll post it here too.

Speaking with CraveOnline at the Avengers: Age of Ultron press junket, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige explained how they’ll be handling the introduction of Peter Parker.

“In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics.”

“It will NOT be an origin story. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.”

“There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet. [Laughs]”

By “reveal it in different ways,” Feige is essentially saying that Marvel won’t be ignoring Parker’s origin, just that the film won’t be a film about how he got his powers and who he was before. Instead, when we meet Parker next year – a year before his own movie – he’ll already be a hero in his own way. What the Spider-Man solo movie in 2017 can do is instead include flashback sequences and/or references to explain how he got his powers, similar to how Marvel’s TV division handled Daredevil’s origins in his new Netflix series. When viewers meet Matt Murdock in episode one, he already kicks ass and is a vigilante.

Source: Screenrant

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...Heat+Vision%29

Spider-Man Hopefuls Screen-Test in Atlanta as Marvel Decision Nears (Exclusive)
MAY 30, 2015 6:45pm PT by Borys Kit

Yes, Asa Butterfield and Tom Holland were in the mix. But who else tested?

Tom Holland, who appeared as one of Naomi Watts' sons in the acclaimed tsunami drama The Impossible, and Asa Butterfield, the child star from Hugo and Ender's Game, were the best known of the contenders. The other four hopefuls included: Judah Lewis (a relative newbie who will be seen in Jean Marc-Vallee's fall drama Demolition), Matthew Lintz (who will be seen with Adam Sandler in this summer's Pixels), Charlie Plummer (who had a recurring gig on Boardwalk Empire) and Charlie Rowe (a British actor who appeared on Fox's short-lived Red Band Society).

(Reports that Butterfield had been offered the role were false, as Marvel is only now in the midst of its decision.)

The tests cap off a worldwide search in which the producers looked at over 1,500 boys from around the world, narrowing them down to the final six only in the last two weeks or so.

The actors were flown to Atlanta for the tests; that is where Marvel is currently in production on Civil War, the movie in which the character will be introduced before going on to headline his own hopeful trilogy that will be made by Sony Pictures.

Present for the tests were Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige, former Sony head and now a Spider-Man producer Amy Pascal and Joe and Anthony Russo, the brothers who are directing Civil War.

Marvel and Sony must make a decision very soon due to time constraints, and one factor that could influence the decision is age. In the new movies, Peter Parker, Spider-Man’s alter ego, will be a high school student for the new trilogy, and it is important that an actor convey the character’s teenhood. Butterfield and Holland are both 18, Rowe is 19, while the others could be as young as 14.

A decision is expected to be made early in the week. One source, however, cautioned there is a slim chance that Marvel won’t like any of the choices and could keep looking.

Reps for Marvel and Sony were unavailable for comment.

Keep your Spider-sense attuned, True Believers …!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Can someone explain the draw of Spiderman?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Can someone explain the draw of Spiderman?
He does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size, catches thieves just like flies. In the chill of the night, at the scene of a crime, like a streak of light, he arrives just in time. Wealth and fame, he's ignored, action is his reward...

Or something like that.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I missed the boat on Spiderman. With all the other comic characters, he is not that interesting to me.

I just realized where I posted the below info. In the Spider-man thread that was created before this one. lol

Again it's not....I posted this on here already someplace but I'll post it here too.

Speaking with CraveOnline at the Avengers: Age of Ultron press junket, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige explained how they’ll be handling the introduction of Peter Parker.

By “reveal it in different ways,” Feige is essentially saying that Marvel won’t be ignoring Parker’s origin, just that the film won’t be a film about how he got his powers and who he was before. Instead, when we meet Parker next year – a year before his own movie – he’ll already be a hero in his own way. What the Spider-Man solo movie in 2017 can do is instead include flashback sequences and/or references to explain how he got his powers, similar to how Marvel’s TV division handled Daredevil’s origins in his new Netflix series. When viewers meet Matt Murdock in episode one, he already kicks ass and is a vigilante.

Source: Screenrant