The 1st MoFo Movie Hall of Fame: Round 1

Tools    

Which Movie Most Deserves a Spot in the Hall of Fame?
5.97%
4 votes
City Lights (1931)
8.96%
6 votes
Duck Soup (1933)
34.33%
23 votes
Psycho (1960)
0%
0 votes
The Producers (1968)
4.48%
3 votes
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
0%
0 votes
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
2.99%
2 votes
RoboCop (1987)
2.99%
2 votes
Farewell My Concubine (1993)
7.46%
5 votes
American History X (1998)
19.40%
13 votes
The Big Lebowski (1998)
4.48%
3 votes
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
8.96%
6 votes
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
67 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Let the night air cool you off
I also only have Farewell My Concubine to go. I think the runtime might be what's keeping it at the back of the queue, but it will the freshest on everybody's mind, so it might help it out.

I remember that I sent my list a month ago after I watched the whole 12 nominated movies over the course of a single weekend. I have ranked the 12 movies and I don't plan to change the ranking in the next rounds.

I remember that I sent my list a month ago after I watched the whole 12 nominated movies over the course of a single weekend. I have ranked the 12 movies and I don't plan to change the ranking in the next rounds.
Sounds good.

Just a little mini-announcement. After we finish this hall of fame, I think the hall of fame will be on hiatus for a short while. At least until we finish up that big tournament. I still think the hall of fame is a good thing, but I have sort of fallen in love with the tournament format.

Just a little mini-announcement. After we finish this hall of fame, I think the hall of fame will be on hiatus for a short while. At least until we finish up that big tournament. I still think the hall of fame is a good thing, but I have sort of fallen in love with the tournament format.
I dig it

Why not have a Hall-o-Fame tournament? Just a suggestion.
I think we can consider that huge tournament I am running as a hall of fame tournament. I could keep running them like that if all goes well. As of right now, I have more interest in them that way.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That giant film tournament you are running...all the films were nominated by a handful of people, whereas this is more organized and seems more legit.

I'm not going to bother with the other tournament because it doesn't represent what a tournament should be, in my opinion. How can be be a mega movie tournament when you are only getting the tastes of 12 or so members. No noms from Yoda, Mark f or Holden, three of the biggest members here whose film tastes mean a heck of a lot.

Again, my opinion, but a mistake.

Suspect's Reviews

That giant film tournament you are running...all the films were nominated by a handful of people, whereas this is more organized and seems more legit.

I'm not going to bother with the other tournament because it doesn't represent what a tournament should be, in my opinion. How can be be a mega movie tournament when you are only getting the tastes of 12 or so members. No noms from Yoda, Mark f or Holden, three of the biggest members here whose film tastes mean a heck of a lot.

Again, my opinion, but a mistake.
True. It also won't work because of some small unknown films that nobody ever watched except a handful of people. The tournament could be decided by one small film that only 2 persons saw and that possibly could become the winner of a MoFo tournament. It's just ridiculous, in my opinion. The system works maybe with 32 movies, but not with 256.

I find this Hall of Fame formula very charming and intimate and it's really regretful that you're shying away from it, Jiraf.

I'll still handle the running of it, but I just won't participate in it. I just like the tournament concept, as it allows me to see more films. That's all I really care about to be honest.

I'll still handle the running of it, but I just won't participate in it. I just like the tournament concept, as it allows me to see more films. That's all I really care about to be honest.
Since when can't you see films on your own without a tournament?
This tournament is so much fun, because it's like a small movie club that watches 12 films together and then discusses/rates those pictures after 3 months.

This tournament is so much fun, because it's like a small movie club that watches 12 films together and then discusses/rates those pictures after 3 months.
I am a really big pushover. Okay, hall of fame is back on.

I'll just be abrupt here and say Valley of the Wind is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I mean I was somewhat underwhelmed by Spirited Way and especially hated the ending, but Atleast I felt the beauty in animation. This was just a highly polished turd honest to god. It's a children's fairy tale and if I watched this when I was five I'd still say it's crap. It was torture to watch this to the end, I mean watching baby first programming makes me less awed at how bad it is. Well I'm done with seeing all the films, just gotta do a few repeat viewings now.

This was just a highly polished turd honest to god.
I haven't even seen the movie but for some reason this sentence made me laugh.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'll just be abrupt here and say Valley of the Wind is one of the worst films I've ever seen.
Don't Worry. I bet Gua will prove you wrong by writing the 100th pean in the name of this flawless masterpiece. Have to finally watch it myself.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

If Tokyo critics like it, it's blasphemy to hate it.

and no you really don't need to watch it. If you missed out on it when you were 8 it's to late now.