Kubrick's Top 50

→ in
Tools    

Thank you, I think it got robbed for the Oscar this year. King's Speech was great but I thought Social Network's pacing was unbelievable. Also the score helped too.
Totally agree with you. Typical dumbs**t move by the Academy.

Plus rep for Se7en and, of course, Walk the Line. Though repping you for the former was very difficult, since that very same post included Hostel.
I will stand by Hostel, I think it is extremely underrated.

Well, it started well with Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas, then tailed off into two films I can't be bothered with. Before descending into the endless snorefest that is 2001. So close.

Well, it started well with Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas, then tailed off into two films I can't be bothered with. Before descending into the endless snorefest that is 2001. So close.
But Stanley Kubrick is my favorite director, I get excited watching that movie.

Just disregard anything HK says about Kubrick, kubrick.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

MoFo's resident Kubrick hater