Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown?

Tools    

Had you asked me this 5 years ago, I would have said "no contest!" But today, I'm honestly having a hard time, and even leaning towards Jackie Brown.

Anybody else out there find Jackie Brown to be a better movie? Damn, even writing "better movie" gives me pause because Pulp Fiction was such a groundbreaking movie. But Jackie Brown is just so entertaining!

I think I like Jackie Brown better.

Saw both in the cinema on both on release. Saw both again recently...Jackie Brown by quite a big margin.

Never seen Jackie Brown, but I find it hard to believe it could match the heights of Pulp Fiction.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Jackie Brown is the odd Tarantino film out of his filmography due to it being an adaptation and not an original piece. I didn't like it when I was younger, but have grown to appreciate it as I've gotten older. You'll have "those" people who claim it's his best and most mature film because it's NOT a Tarantino piece, but an Elmore Leonard piece. Either way, I'm giving my vote to Pulp Fiction.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Pulp Fiction is better structured, but I like how Tarantino didn't do an original piece with Jackie Brown, and I wish he would adapt more stories from other sources sometimes. But I remember thinking Pulp Fiction is still better.

Movie Forums Extra
pulp fiction all day

The trick is not minding
Jackie Brown is the more restrained work he has ever done and actually flows better, even better then Pulp Fiction. With Pulp a Fiction he was out to make a point about violence, and film making in general, with Jackie Brown he just wanted to tell a story.
The acting was better in Jackie Brown in my opinion as well. That’s not a slight against a Pulp Fiction, as it’s a tour de force all on its own, but having rewatched Jackie Brown recently, it still crackles with an intensity unmatched by few of his later films

Pulp Fiction all the way.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My favourite are Jackie Fiction and Pulp Brown. The latter sounds like a scat video.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Honestly Jackie Brown to me feels like its more along the lines of "serious cinema" people were more ready to get behind but really I don't think it plays to Tarantino's strengths very well and I'm glad he moved away from that kind of film.

Pulp is just so much fun. Pulp > Jackie

Next week, Godfather or Rumble Fish?

I wouldn't even put Jackie Brown in Tarantino's top five. Whereas I'd put Pulp Fiction as his best.

I have seen both many, many times and it's Jackie Brown all the way for me. One of my all-time favorite movies and my favorite Tarantino film.

I wouldn't even put Jackie Brown in Tarantino's top five. Whereas I'd put Pulp Fiction as his best.
Agree, but Reservoir Dogs is my favorite.