Big Bang Theory is jumping the shark

Tools    

http://www.looper.com/50680/big-bang-theory-renewed/

I used to love TBBT but ever since around season 5 the show hasn't been much funny.

I don't like how the show has pretty much turned into a copy of Friends and how they have toned down Sheldon and Howard.

They have completely ripped out Howards personality he used to be awesomely hilarious they put him in a relationship much too soon I used to love the extreme lengths he would go to to try and get laid, the show used to have great writers. Now most of the episodes are just boring and they're not even writing jokes most of the time.

I watched the first four seasons with my then girlfriend. The show was always garbage, it's probably my least favourite show ever actually of ones i've seen a good amount of at least. And i apparently saw the good years hahaha.

I've watched bits and pieces, I've never watched an entire episode. But, I could care less about it. I just can't get into a show where if you like science, comic books, video games, and sci fi, you're just an awkward nerd, that's all you like, and that's all your about. That's it. That's your whole personality. Star Wars, and DC Comics. **** off.

I wouldn't say having them in relationships is jumping the shark...

If they "jumped the shark", they'd have Sheldon discovering transwarp beaming and transporting himself to Mars.

I agree though, they have run out of ideas for the show.
Season 1 was simply a rerun of That 70's Show but with comic nerds instead of 1 nerd and some stoner friends.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I watched the first four seasons with my then girlfriend. The show was always garbage, it's probably my least favourite show ever actually of ones i've seen a good amount of at least. And i apparently saw the good years hahaha.
A part from a few episodes in the first season, I totally agree. Some of the episodes are just painfully unfunny.

If they "jumped the shark", they'd have Sheldon discovering transwarp beaming and transporting himself to Mars.

Season 1 was simply a rerun of That 70's Show but with comic nerds instead of 1 nerd and some stoner friends.

I meant that they're renewing the show for 2 more seasons which is jumping the shark. 12 Seasons is going overboard they should of ended I at season 10. It sucks I was looking forward to seeing the finale.

It used to be fun til they started pairing them off, Now it's gotten boring.
Thinking back about that...

I remember a scene from possible Season 5, where the guys (and Bernadette) are in the midst of a video game marathon, Penny and Amy are angry with Sheldon, and Raj laments that all he wanted was a nice weekend playing video games, before everyone got girlfriends. The kicker for Raj? He'll wind up getting one AFTER SHELDON COOPER!

For me, Sheldon made the show hard to watch. Some people probably like his arrogant callous, unempathic personality but for me, it made him unlikeable. Could never understand why people liked him, because he wasn't funny.

Thinking back about that...

I remember a scene from possible Season 5, where the guys (and Bernadette) are in the midst of a video game marathon, Penny and Amy are angry with Sheldon, and Raj laments that all he wanted was a nice weekend playing video games, before everyone got girlfriends. The kicker for Raj? He'll wind up getting one AFTER SHELDON COOPER!

For me, Sheldon made the show hard to watch. Some people probably like his arrogant callous, unempathic personality but for me, it made him unlikeable. Could never understand why people liked him, because he wasn't funny.
He used to have some hilarious lines every now and then but he's gotten stale. I never liked his character as a person but he was funny at times.

One of my favourite episodes is when Sheldon has to give some speech and he gets help from the gang to deal with his stage fright and at is speech Penny gets him drunk and he makes a full of himself on stage and exposes his bare bottom.

When did you start watching The Big Bang Theory? I thought you didn't do television.

Well, of course I've given it a go. I used to have a license, but not any more, so I binned the aerial connections.

I haven't seen a whole lot of the show. I have, however, found it funny, when I did catch it.

i used to think this show was semi-decent during the first 3 seasons or so. It definitely dipped in quality after they put everyone in a relationship and found it boring after that

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I like the show, but the girls make it. Especially Amy and Bernadette. It's never been hilarious, though.