The Mick

Tools    

Just watched the first two episodes of the funniest new program I've seen on FOX since New Girl. The pilot introduces us to Mackenzie "Mick" Murphy, a hard-drinking, foul-mouthed party animal who goes to a party at the mansion of her wealthy sister and brother-in-law, who,shortly after Micks arrival, are arrested and have to flee the country, leaving Mick in charge of her teenage niece and her two nephews. I haven't laughed this hard in years...Kaitlin Olson is a revelation in the title role,,,check this one out...this was funny as hell.

Ep 9 brought the funny like it always does but we saw a change in the lead character as she finally seemed to step up as an aunt...and I loved the fact that it all started because she thought she was loosing Ben, her favorite. This is the first episode where Mick really seems to be taking her responsibility with these kids seriously and the show never stopped being hysterically funny either. Kaitlin Olson is awesome.

Ep 10 had me on the floor...loved the reveal that the FBI guy also has the hots for Mickey...her naked exit on a motorcycle sure felt like a season finale.

Ep 11 was hysterical...obviously I was wrong about the season finale feel of ep 10, I was shocked that what happened in ep 10 wasn't even addressed in the next ep.

Ep 12 had me on the floor...it was fun seeing Mickey spend some time with Chip instead of Ben...Kaitlin Olsen and Thomas Barusca were wonderful together. And Kai ...who saw that coming?

Just finished the season 2 premiere and this show is still bringing the funny...there seems to be this "starting over" theme pervading prime time network television this fall and this show was no exception but they still managed to be rolling on the floor funny doing it. Kaitlin Olson continues to kill it in the title role.