your favorite punk record/album

Tools    

I said by "the album" , i never intended to said them as post hardcore band at all but the fact by it "sound and style" was already passed the borderline of their hardcore sound.

It wasn't if we based it by the "simple three chord" , it wasn't if we based it it the "rawness" and "the faster tempo" of hardcore - it part of punk subculture, but it sound differ from the pure punk sound i intended.
*idk if it my bad english again led it lost in translation but my mindset:
judge by style and sound route, punk>>hardcore punk>>post hardcore
*what i want "demand" actually but i break rule in the first place:
only for |punk>>hardcore punk|
*what i was wrong i your "eyes"
post hardcore =/= punk , in it broad and debatable terminology
*what i was right in my "ears"
fugazi =/= social distortion

that's too broad definition of punk ppl always seems to used, play it word by word. it's like ppl defined what pop music is.
I completely reject the narrow definition of Punk as if early Punk Rock is the only true Punk. I have encountered a few people who think that way, and they are like someone's dad clicking on a youtube recommendation and then posting, "This isn't Punk, this is just noise." No one cares about some nostalgic ideal of "true Punk." This isn't the 70's. But what I really can't wrap my mind around is the inclusion of Hardcore and Post-Punk, and the exclusion of Post-Hardcore. It's really absurd to me. This is just your personal definition, and it's one I've never encountered before. I hope you don't expect me to adopt it. It certainly is confusing when you talk about Punk in a different way from everyone else. I don't know, maybe you know a group of people who think the same way as you about it so you've come to believe that it's the right definition for some strange reason I will never understand.

I really liked White Lung, and what particularly hooked me was the angsty female vocals.

F---morgue, are such an interesting band. Their vocals give me Screamo and Black Metal vibes, but their instrumentals are so melodic. The bass is fantastic, and they have great diversity in their sound (at least the three songs I listened to so far).

Knuckle Head were pretty great too. Mr. Minio, why didn't you listen to more of those Emo recs I gave you a while back? I feel like there's so much skramz stuff that you would love. Do you listen to much Crust/Powerviolence/Grindcore?

When I was listening to Knuckle Head I saw a link in the recommendations that I recognized. This Japanese Punk band called Acute captivated me with their album art, but I remember not being too fond of them before. I think I've gotten to appreciate and enjoy the raspy yelling style of vocals more since then because I really enjoyed this now:

Lol, in other word, I don't said post punk or post harcore wasn't part of punk and sorry if It sounded/implicated that ways in yours. I just intended it as traditional punk thread which is I personally guess will be just pointless.
Also i don't is wrong if go by that route for defintion? i heard henry rollin also defined in that way . Well we sorta opossite as I sorta reject if it wasn't "traditional punk" 'sound. Lol you can laugh me at that tho', but I don't meme-ing any youtube kid and i sorta live with community that sorta think that ways tho' regard punk.
once again t's not I said they wasn't punk, what is punk btw? What is pop music? Nirvana is pop music? The term is still debatable it self. So that why I put it in more narrow term, because i usually encounter that.
It's hard for me to elaborated more, so I guess I just left by that whatever impression u have on me
*i don't discriminate post punk post hardcore there, I could dismissed mr minio in the first place and dleted black flag my war but it's just pointless to begin with, but i guess i'll edit for prevent more misleading

idk if you already heard some of those, but if you're into acute probably you'll like some of those
GISM

Gauze

Kikeiji

Aburadako

Lol, in other word, I don't said post punk or post harcore wasn't part of punk and sorry if It sounded/implicated that ways in yours. I just intended it as traditional punk thread which is I personally guess will be just pointless.
Also i don't is wrong if go by that route for defintion? i heard henry rollin also defined in that way . Well we sorta opossite as I sorta reject if it wasn't "traditional punk" 'sound. Lol you can laugh me at that tho', but I don't meme-ing any youtube kid and i sorta live with community that sorta think that ways tho' regard punk.
once again t's not I said they wasn't punk, what is punk btw? What is pop music? Nirvana is pop music? The term is still debatable it self. So that why I put it in more narrow term, because i usually encounter that.
It's hard for me to elaborated more, so I guess I just left by that whatever impression u have on me
*i don't discriminate post punk post hardcore there, I could dismissed mr minio in the first place and dleted black flag my war but it's just pointless to begin with, but i guess i'll edit for prevent more misleading
Okay that's a relief. It's just that there are some old-fashioned people who reject newer Punk styles and consider the traditional Punk the only real Punk. There's nothing wrong with having an ideal of traditional punk, or your favorite style(s) of Punk, but it is a very subjective thing. I don't really like Punk Rock because I don't really like Rock, and it took me a long time to acquire a taste even for 1st wave Hardcore because I grew up on Post-Hardcore of the late nineties and early 2000's. I gradually worked my way through some of the extreme music genres and worked my way back to the eighties, but I can't seem to enjoy 70's Punk Rock.

The main way that I distinguish "traditional" Punk from the umbrella genre of Punk encompassing all of it's sub-genres, is by referring to traditional Punk as "Punk Rock."

My favorite Punk album is Alexisonfire's S/T (Post-Hardcore). But for 1st wave Hardcore (as close to traditional Punk as I can go) my favorite is probably Bad Brains S/T (1982). Their energy and melody as well as their vocals are amazing. Plus I actually like Reggae, and their Reggae vibes are amazing.

Okay that's a relief. It's just that there are some old-fashioned people who reject newer Punk styles and consider the traditional Punk the only real Punk.
i see. i don't have much time in any music community, but yeah there always this kind of debates, even like blink 182 isn't punk, pink floyd wasn't progressive, metalcore isn't metal etc etc and there always some old fashioned arguments on those

There's nothing wrong with having an ideal of traditional punk, or your favorite style(s) of Punk, but it is a very subjective thing.
the problem probably i mainly lived and grew in "community" that isn't devoted to certain genre, that's probably we see more in that ways

I don't really like Punk Rock because I don't really like Rock, and it took me a long time to acquire a taste even for 1st wave Hardcore because I grew up on Post-Hardcore of the late nineties and early 2000's. I gradually worked my way through some of the extreme music genres and worked my way back to the eighties, but I can't seem to enjoy 70's Punk Rock.
it work on differently in different person i guess. i born in the ninety but my soul in the late 70 i guess xD, but it's not like i despised things, i just can't gave my soul into crust, grindcore etc but actually i appreciated it as genre.

The main way that I distinguish "traditional" Punk from the umbrella genre of Punk encompassing all of it's sub-genres, is by referring to traditional Punk as "Punk Rock."
ah i see, actually that term intersect in my mind but lack of vocabulary unpaved it otw lol

My favorite Punk album is Alexisonfire's S/T (Post-Hardcore). But for 1st wave Hardcore (as close to traditional Punk as I can go) my favorite is probably Bad Brains S/T (1982). Their energy and melody as well as their vocals are amazing. Plus I actually like Reggae, and their Reggae vibes are amazing.
i'm not hear alexisonfire yet, but yeah the name already came along. bad brains kinda enjoyed their self titled, but yet i feel so profound on them. i lke reggae but only bob marley in my head, so i gues that's why xD

blink 182 isn't punk
Okay

pink floyd wasn't progressive
Gotchya

metalcore isn't metal
Wait what? Metalcore is a portmanteau of Metallic Hardcore. Everyone knows it's not Metal lol. Notice how "-core" is the suffix. That should be a dead giveaway right there, but if that's not enough for you then I suggest at least reading the wikipedia article and looking at how the genre was formed, where it got its roots, and what its core elements are. The core elements define the genre, not the surface elements that individual bands draw from other genres. Just remember to take wikipedia with a grain of salt because it changes back and forth, and is not always accurate.

the problem probably i mainly lived and grew in "community" that isn't devoted to certain genre, that's probably we see more in that ways

it work on differently in different person i guess. i born in the ninety but my soul in the late 70 i guess xD, but it's not like i despised things, i just can't gave my soul into crust, grindcore etc but actually i appreciated it as genre.

ah i see, actually that term intersect in my mind but lack of vocabulary unpaved it otw lol

i'm not hear alexisonfire yet, but yeah the name already came along. bad brains kinda enjoyed their self titled, but yet i feel so profound on them. i lke reggae but only bob marley in my head, so i gues that's why xD
I was born in the eighties, but I didn't really pay attention to music until I was 16, and then I didn't really delve very far into music until I was 24. You can check out this thread of mine if it interests you:
Philisophical Pursuit of the Nature and Meaning of Hardcore/Punk/Metal

This thread may also be of some interest to you, although most of the music might be too heavy for your taste: Extreme Music Tournament (caution: ears may bleed)

Well the first group of friends that influenced my musical growth were skateboarders who listened to Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Metalcore. I hung out with them for about three years before we ended up going our separate ways. I never particularly associated with people based on their music taste. I have some friends who are into extreme music like I am, but most of my friends are just normal people who listen to pop, rock, rap, hip-hop, country, or whatever. But I did spend a few years avidly posting on a Metal forum that had a large and very active community. Generally speaking if you went in there and said that Metalcore was Metal you would get torn a new anus. Every now and then some newcomer would poke their head in, say that Metalcore was Metal, and then run away crying when everyone blasted them. I was one of those people when I first went on there, but I didn't run away, I listened, I looked up what they were saying and found that they were right. It's pretty obvious to anyone who listens to a lot of Metal and Hardcore. The two genres are fundamentally very different. Metal is so technical and structured, and Hardcore is so free-forming. The only people I ever hear saying that Metalcore is Metal are people who don't listen to a lot of Metal, and usually aren't familiar with a lot of Hardcore either. If you listened to Grindcore, Deathcore, Mathcore, and stuff like that more, you'd understand the nature of the "core" sub-genres a little better.

Anyway sorry if I got too sidetracked by that. It's a pet peeve of mine. I've made a lot of effort over the years to research genres and their history and understand what makes genres and why bands are considered this genre or that genre. So when someone asserts something that is just blatantly false, I'm like, "Woah, wait, hold on a second there." But then I run the risk of annoying people for derailing the conversation every time they say something I don't agree with...

Anyway, for Alexisonfire just listen to this one song if you can't get through the whole album. There is really nothing else out there like this album.

Wait what? Metalcore is a portmanteau of Metallic Hardcore. Everyone knows it's not Metal lol. Notice how "-core" is the suffix. That should be a dead giveaway right there, but if that's not enough for you then I suggest at least reading the wikipedia article and looking at how the genre was formed, where it got its roots, and what its core elements are. The core elements define the genre, not the surface elements that individual bands draw from other genres. Just remember to take wikipedia with a grain of salt because it changes back and forth, and is not always accurate
ah sorry for that, but i just put that there were aguments and sample(and there still more of it) circulate in internet or any community, whichever fell wrong or false is not my point when stated that.
what i reassured is don't take wikipedia tag on genre so seriously sometimes as you need to listen it as well and ofc learn it root. i see muse(on of my favorite band) tagged and associated with progressive which is kinda out of my mind as they kinda lack time signature shift, song structure, oppose to legit prog band that i know - if i gone with that as definition

I was born in the eighties, but I didn't really pay attention to music until I was 16, and then I didn't really delve very far into music until I was 24. You can check out this thread of mine if it interests you:
Philisophical Pursuit of the Nature and Meaning of Hardcore/Punk/Metal
look nice, 'll check it. yeah me too i'll delve more into music in latest couple of years

This thread may also be of some interest to you, although most of the music might be too heavy for your taste: Extreme Music Tournament (caution: ears may bleed)
i have heavy and soft part, but i don't stick too well and fell short with some extreme music that i'd listen. on occasion i did have un-listenable stuff in my playlist

Well the first group of friends that influenced my musical growth were skateboarders who listened to Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Metalcore. I hung out with them for about three years before we ended up going our separate ways. I never particularly associated with people based on their music taste. I have some friends who are into extreme music like I am, but most of my friends are just normal people who listen to pop, rock, rap, hip-hop, country, or whatever.
i see, yeah we got many influenced our circle as well.
well, i see a lot of my friend into "rock" tho' generally it gone different each other, especially on what act we pursuit, tho i think i was the one that's really2 dig deep and tend to really2 different, but usually we have/share common ground on certain thing regard opinion, genre and stuff.

But I did spend a few years avidly posting on a Metal forum that had a large and very active community. Generally speaking if you went in there and said that Metalcore was Metal you would get torn a new anus.
yeah, certainly aware of that, i'd seen ppl get bashed on that in internet by metalheads(or should i write i metalfag xD ), but strangely also i'd seen local community of metalheads in rl that even not despised metalcore bands - but probably that was only their

Every now and then some newcomer would poke their head in, say that Metalcore was Metal, and then run away crying when everyone blasted them. I was one of those people when I first went on there, but I didn't run away, I listened, I looked up what they were saying and found that they were right. It's pretty obvious to anyone who listens to a lot of Metal and Hardcore. The two genres are fundamentally very different. Metal is so technical and structured, and Hardcore is so free-forming. The only people I ever hear saying that Metalcore is Metal are people who don't listen to a lot of Metal, and usually aren't familiar with a lot of Hardcore either. If you listened to Grindcore, Deathcore,
i know it was fusion but i never really2 into metalcore. i still see ppl classified it into metal, and there ppl classified it into hardcore or core family. metalhead despised that and metalcore fan defend that i believe. but i agree that ppl/metalcore fan that categorized metalcore as metal fell short in their range of metal or lack substantial information regard it. , tho' i don't really care, sometimes i personally scracth my head too as in argumentative i agree with any true metalheads, but there always inclusion metalcore as metal i see anywhere

the only i could appreciated is band called maximum the hormone, which their style is not always based or primarily metalcore that i think it suck - or probably because it was OP/ED of death note make me bias

Mathcore
probably the only thing that i think a bit better in "core" family xD, probably because closed associated with mathrock

Anyway sorry if I got too sidetracked by that. It's a pet peeve of mine. I've made a lot of effort over the years to research genres and their history and understand what makes genres and why bands are considered this genre or that genre. So when someone asserts something that is just blatantly false, I'm like, "Woah, wait, hold on a second there." But then I run the risk of annoying people for derailing the conversation every time they say something I don't agree with...
lol nevermind, i see where you coming too and reasonable, only there misunderstanding between us. think it back my line sorta ambigu, and yeah it was my excuse for structuring my post english-ly which kinda poor.
but we settled this where we gone wrong each other.
me: punk in narrow term(traditional punk rock)
you: punk in more broad term(encompassing all subgenre and substyle)

Anyway, for Alexisonfire just listen to this one song if you can't get through the whole album. There is really nothing else out there like this album.
alexisonfire
i'll check it next time, as i'm not in suitable connection today .

I'm familiar with GISM, but the rest were new to me. I especially liked Kikeiji and Aburadako, but not Gauze so much.

Here are some recs for you guys:

Spazz are legendary. I know you said you don't like Crust, but you should listen to this if you haven't before.

it's kinda vague, but yeah i'd heard it partly from my friend(alexisoonfire). it's not bad ofc, just stuff that i won't sit it down in times frequently

I'm familiar with GISM, but the rest were new to me. I especially liked Kikeiji and Aburadako, but not Gauze so much.
actually i'm not sit well with acute-gism-gauze(especially gism), but i really like kikeiji and aburadako

Here are some recs for you guys:
the first both was quite nice for me, the rest is not so worked

Spazz are legendary. I know you said you don't like Crust, but you should listen to this if you haven't before.
thought already heard the name ofc. still it's not so sit well with me, the music is staggerung but sorta lose when it start singin lol.

i like it precursor tho', early discharge is one of my fave
also some "fincore" or nordic scenes, not have times to re-check it back( i left it in computer at my part time workplace, when i quit i forgot to re-trace it back) some that i remember quite enjoy as well

nice , got more obscure and rare proto-ers band??
Too many to count..lol

Here's a few more fine slices of proto-punk. More to follow.