Black Sails (Starz)

Tools    

Zach wasnt sad to leave. He asked to be killed off. It's a gruelling shoot.
Yes I read he needed to get back to his wife and small kids who lived in LA. Wonder why they didn't move with him though if the kids are still small? Must be hard for an actor to leave a job in their competitive, cut throat world. Seriously, I'd move to Capetown tomorrow. It's a great place to live (albeit there are some concerns about crime).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Maybe he and his wife didn't choose to drag the kids all over the world a la angelina jolie and her swag of nannies.

Maybe he and his wife didn't choose to drag the kids all over the world a la angelina jolie and her swag of nannies.
Well, just musing here. When my husband had a lecturing engagement for one year in the US, we moved there with our (then) two small children. It was actually great for the kids as they learned a new language and they became perfectly fluent in English. They really enjoyed their time in the US and remember it fondly. I do too...

That's a bit different to relocating the family every year for 6 months. Maybe the mother of his kids had a say in it.

I havent seen 407 yet but just seeing the title of a review on fb it seems Rackham gets some decent screen time.

That's a bit different to relocating the family every year for 6 months. Maybe the mother of his kids had a say in it.

I havent seen 407 yet but just seeing the title of a review on fb it seems Rackham gets some decent screen time.
They were only there for six months of every year? Do tell because you have more inside info than me and I find the whole process quite fascinating, lol.

Ok so a bit of spoilage here (maybe):

I'm hoping to get to Ep. 7 tonight so I can then go on to the other forum and see how other viewers are reacting. I do miss the IMDb boards for this. No one here except for you and me seem to be interested in this. Pity....

Ok, so that didn't work lol. Let's try it here...

WARNING: """ spoilers below
like to read recaps of the episodes I watch and tend to read several. Someone said Billy turns up in the preview of Ep. 7 - gosh I certainly hope so, I'm just not ready for him to die.... They also suggested Madi might not have bought it yet. It is true we did not really see her die - just Eleanor trying to get her to wake up"

There are other mofos here watching it but they're probably not up to date yet so don't want to see possible spoilers.

Shows like this generally take 6-7 months a year to shoot, nd they're very long hours so he wouldn't have seen his kids much anyway except for the xmas break which I think was two weeks. I seem to recall his wife has a career in US so it was no doubt a joint decision not to uproot, and for him to ask to be written out. It was a spectacular exit so I have no problems with that. It's just a pity the recent exits (406) werent as brutal. One in particular got off lightly IMO.

re the spoilers, well I hope it;s not a fake out death. They've already done that with

WARNING: spoilers below
Bonny

Gets a bit manipulative after a while.

re the spoilers, well I hope it;s not a fake out death. They've already done that with

Bonny

Gets a bit manipulative after a while.
Well, I am putting spoilers on anything that might spoil it for someone else. Re shooting schedules: I get that it must be difficult for actors' families especially in the wife also has a career,. After all, someone has to take care of the kids eh? I wonder if that's why these marriages last about two minutes?

Re the deaths: it's just too many all at once. I mean, I'm invested in the characters, yeah even Blackbeard. Bad enough watching Miranda and Thomas disappear but all of these one on top of the other is just too much. It just feels rushed. Re Anne,well frankly, it didn't occur to me she was dead - I thought she'd survive somehow because I can't see Jack making it without her. They're kind of joined at the hip. Speaking of Jack, I love him. How come i've never seen the actor who plays him? He's marvelous! 💖

I dont think I've seen Toby Schwartz before either, and he's an aussie. Brilliant actor. My brother said he constantly had everyone in fits of laughter.

Yep no doubt why marriages fall apart. It's a long time away from the family and not like they can just commute home every weekend. Possibly why these showrunners have quite a few real life couples on set.

I'll be seeing 407 soon so will let you know.

I dont think I've seen Toby Schwartz before either, and he's an aussie. Brilliant actor. My brother said he constantly had everyone in fits of laughter.

Yep no doubt why marriages fall apart. It's a long time away from the family and not like they can just commute home every weekend. Possibly why these showrunners have quite a few real life couples on set.

I'll be seeing 407 soon so will let you know.
Ha, beat you to it! Just saw it after searching high and low for it online. My damn cable network carries it but apparently they don't show it concurrently with the rest of the world. I'll bet it will turn up in July or something - I just can't wait that long.

So I'll be interested to hear your opinion. I have several questions which I am confused about, the plot is certainly thickening....

Toby Schwartz is Australian? Jeez, thought he was a Brit from his accent. He is seriously good and
absolutely shines
in this episode. How confusing it must have been to have two lead actors with the same name, lol. When the series ends, I am going to binge watch all four seasons to get a better sense of continuity. The plots are so complicated sometimes, it's hard to appreciate everything. One thing is for sure, these actors are stellar!

I think they probably call them by either their last names or character names. Or just point and say 'hey you'. LOL no I don't think they do that.

Yeh Toby is aussie.

Toby Schmitz

Did I say Schwartz? See? I cant even get his un-aussie name right.

I still havent seen so leaving your spoiler for a bit.

As for the complication of plot, I think that's because, and back to my earlier comment, it;s dialogue turgid. Never bothered me initially but it was a complaint right from the beginning. Really started bothering me this season.

I think they probably call them by either their last names or character names. Or just point and say 'hey you'. LOL no I don't think they do that.

Yeh Toby is aussie.

Toby Schmitz

Did I say Schwartz? See? I cant even get his un-aussie name right.

I still havent seen so leaving your spoiler for a bit.

As for the complication of plot, I think that's because, and back to my earlier comment, it;s dialogue turgid. Never bothered me initially but it was a complaint right from the beginning. Really started bothering me this season.
No I think I was the one who got his name wrong.

I don't mind the dialogue (and I just adore listening to Jack speak ) and the plots are complicated so I think we need them. Unlike most of the viewers, I am bored to tears by battle scenes and fights so I could very well do without them, lol.

Oh and you can safely read my spoiler as it won't really spoil anything, it just gushes about the character.

Have been to my other site for BS site have some very interesting posts. Lots of interesting, clever people posting there.

So bored. I've never loved a show so much and seen it swan dive off the top deck and face plant so badly. Talk about running off at the mouth to get it all wrapped up before the axing. 5 attempts and I still havent finished it. WTH is with the angsty bromance between Flint and Silver. Good lord. Taken over by Harlequin wannabee novelists.

Have been to my other site for BS site have some very interesting posts. Lots of interesting, clever people posting there.
Enjoy. No interesting, clever people here talking up BS. We all got bored bored bored. I feel like I'm wading through water just waiting for Woodes to get skinned alive..

So bored. I've never loved a show so much and seen it swan dive off the top deck and face plant so badly. Talk about running off at the mouth to get it all wrapped up before the axing. 5 attempts and I still havent finished it. WTH is with the angsty bromance between Flint and Silver. Good lord. Taken over by Harlequin wannabee novelists.

Enjoy. No interesting, clever people here talking up BS. We all got bored bored bored. I feel like I'm wading through water just waiting for Woodes to get skinned alive..
What do you want from the show, exactly? More killings? Fights? Battles? Torture scenes? I'm kind of scratching my head as to why you are bored...

What do you want from the show, exactly? More killings? Fights? Battles? Torture scenes?
Bring it on. It's a pirate show, not a Mills and Boon novel.

I'm bored. I've said why I'm bored and how that's disappointing me. No need to be confused about it. If you're not bored, that's great.

Bring it on. It's a pirate show, not a Mills and Boon novel.

I'm bored. I've said why I'm bored and how that's disappointing me. No need to be confused about it. If you're not bored, that's great.
I thought it was a good episode.
Eleanor's Grandmother is great and she interacted with Jack in the best way. Also Jack copying Max's mode of speech was totally hilarious. I think they are setting the stage for Silver to fall out with Flint and most probably betray and kill him which I will hate. I'm glad Billy is back but would have been fine with Madi staying dead. I find her totally irritating. I wish they'd killed her off and not Eleanor.

Differently colored sails. Those black ones are so drab.
LOL. Best opening credits though

Next best was marco polo

Mofo should have an award night for opening sequence, yods.

LOL. Best opening credits though

Next best was marco polo

Mofo should have an award night for opening sequence, yods.
I hate the music in the BS opening though. Piratey I suppose but discordant. The statue thingies are ok. Best opening credits for me are Game of Thones. Music is also awesome (IMO of course).