Black Sails (Starz)

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Any punters still around who may have seen 403? I havent seen it yet - probably tonight - but had a peak at the board over yonder with my eyes half closed for spoilers, and saw one thread title that it's brutal. YAY. I do like brutal in my weekly entertainment.

I fell asleep before the brutality pay off *loud crying face*. Too much talkies, more than usual. Will have a rewatch later.

I stopped watching after s1 ep3 when they were gang raping the whore tied up in the middle of the town.

yuck

I thought that was well done in that you cant see anything. I'm not a fan of in your face rape scenes for edginess. First 2 1/2 seasons I really enjoyed but dayum, it's like the writers' room said Rightyo, lads...we're wrapping with season 4 so throw as many words into those scripts as you can think of. dialogue heavy is good; drowning in dialogue is not so good.

What do you think of season 4 overall so far?

For me, it seems like they're squeezing everything in since it's the last season. It's not bad but I wouldn't call it good either. I wish it would go another 2 more seasons

I'm a bit flat with it this season so far, and that's coming from a super fan. Like you I think they're cramming it with everything but the kitchen sink. I'm hanging in there 'til the bitter end for the payoff because I love the look and the actors. Luke, Toby and Toby are great. I don't like myself for saying this because I'm a woman and love tough female characters (thought they were great from the get go but 1. they killed off my favourite female character and she was the best actress on the show and 2. they just got too meddling) but I feel they're giving the wiminz so much scenery chewing just to appease the sjw mob in the fandom. That's fine but it also pisses off the male fandom. I want my piratey action, dayum it.

I'm disappointed because I used to champ at the bit during the week for the next episode. At this point I feel like I'm dragging myself through it. I;m not hate watching; just getting distracted and like last night, nodded off. Not happy they're wrapping this season because I know how much work went into that enormous set, and still sad one of the ships burnt down.

annnnd I just got a spoiler. Pretty rude to put the spoiler in the thread title but it was my own fault for absentmindedly opening the board over there. I don't know if people who do that just have the intelligence of a turnip or they do it on purpose for shts and giggles.

annnnd I just got a spoiler. Pretty rude to put the spoiler in the thread title but it was my own fault for absentmindedly opening the board over there. I don't know if people who do that just have the intelligence of a turnip or they do it on purpose for shts and giggles.
I really like this latest episode. Enough violence even for you, Dani. Kind of heart breaking though...

I know who it is from a spoiler I accidentally saw. Very annoyed. I love that actor. about to rewatch before i nod off. This heatwave has knocked me for 6.

OK, diving in for a rewatch of latest episode. Taking my tissue box with me.

WTH did I just watch? I'm a gore hound and that is without a doubt the filthiest gore I have ever seen in a tv show. I have no words other than - you mongrel. I hope he gets flayed alive and rolled in salt. so disturbing.

WTH did I just watch? I'm a gore hound and that is without a doubt the filthiest gore I have ever seen in a tv show. I have no words other than - you mongrel. I hope he gets flayed alive and rolled in salt. so disturbing.
Lol, you're always complaining there is too much talk so I hope that was enough violence for you? See what I meant about "heart breaking"?
WARNING: spoilers below
Having said that, Teach was a murderer probably a rapist and a pillager. He'd probably done as much to the crews of the ships he plundered.

Good episode though.

I still want to vomit. Couldn't eat dinner last night, and i bought some beaitiful blie swimmer crabs. Nup... i cant even type I'm still so upset. Currently gripping onto my cuppa . Husband was even looking at me in horror saying 'this is very disturbing' and he saw it the night before. I wish I had taken a selfie of the look on my face. I've never reacted that way watching a fave tv show before.

needs a spoiler tag, Wp. Some people in here aren't up to date. TIA.

I told my bro to watch it. He's only seen the first two seasons but he's jumping straight to 403 to see why I'm still unnerved. he knows screen violence doesn't usually bother me.

And just a warning for anyone who is put off by the violence in this which is at time OTT but is still watching, it is a torture scene that is pretty relentless, so just letting you know. I thought it was going to be the usual piratey stuff. Really was not braced for it. I am shocked at my reaction, though. Thought I was pretty much immune to screen violence. Obviously not, and that's a good thing. being desensitised makes me feel inhumane.

And just a warning for anyone who is put off by the violence in this which is at time OTT but is still watching, it is a torture scene that is pretty relentless, so just letting you know. I thought it was going to be the usual piratey stuff. Really was not braced for it. I am shocked at my reaction, though. Thought I was pretty much immune to screen violence. Obviously not, and that's a good thing. being desensitised makes me feel inhumane.
Lol, I thought you loved horror and violence? I didn't watch the rest of Hannibal because of all the violence. That girl's body skewered on the antlers....ugh!

This was horrible but really a gripping episode.

(I also think you're so upset because you were a little bit in love with Teach....)
[wink]

Lol, I thought you loved horror and violence? I didn't watch the rest of Hannibal because of all the violence. That girl's body skewered on the antlers....ugh!

This was horrible but really a gripping episode.

(I also think you're so upset because you were a little bit in love with Teach....)
[wink]
I love screen violence. As explained on the imdb board, I was thrown by the relentless torture scene, and the sound editing in this show is so good the sound itself made me want to vomit (same happened with the earlier decapitations. I just wasn't braced for it, @Wplains. Epic scene, though. torture gore just pushed me out of my comfort zone. And yes to your spoiler. Very much so. I won't get over that scene until you know who gets slowly tortured.

Yoda made a cool new feature

Testing spoiler function

looking around for red exclamation mark

LOL, it disappeared. Trying again

and again

WARNING: "Goes back to shoutbox to see what yoda said" spoilers below
oopsy

LMAO. Will keep trying.