Like, a whole bunch of posts lately

Tools    

I've been posting sporadic updates in The Shoutbox lately, but just so it's mentioned in at least one thread: July saw the third-most posts in the site's history, and the 10th set a new single-day post record. The 11th would've set the same record if it hadn't come just after the 10th (it was just ten short of the new mark). And the 12th was pretty huge, too. In fact, the last three days are ranked like this in terms of most posts in a single day:

August 10th: 1st
August 11th: 2nd
August 12th: 4th

So, the last three days are all in the top four highest post days of all time. And the fifth highest was July 31st.

Believe it or not, this isn't just due to SC's running commentaries, either. In some of these days his wasn't even the busiest thread. So thanks, everyone. The fact that we're setting these marks even with the server problems we've been having is a great sign, and it really helps me feel good about the work being put into the new layouts.

this isn't just due to SC's running commentaries
That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this

But yeh great stuff, I've been really active recently myself now that it's summer and I've been on my main holidays already, so I have plenty of time to kill now. Looking forward to what you have planned for the future

Me too! The main idea is to make this site really fun and easy to use on almost any device, and once that's done (or maybe even before), either sort out the server issues once and for all or (more likely) simply buy a server. That's not super cheap, but seeing how active the site can be even when it's getting random downtime really makes me curious about what it can do when it's flying all the time.

And yeah, SC's commentaries definitely make a dent! But it'd be a very good month even without them. I've been pleasantly surprised by how spread out the activity's been.

Oh, please, it's all because of me. This didn't happen until I made my movie commentary thread. Imagine if other people made movie commentary threads. Will be doing some more commentaries later. It would be nice to break the record again on your birthday. I've already got some movies in mind.

I've added almost 2,000 posts to my post count in about two weeks.

Oh, please, it's all because of me. This didn't happen until I made my movie commentary thread. Imagine if other people made movie commentary threads. Will be doing some more commentaries later. It would be nice to break the record again on your birthday. I've already got some movies in mind.
Dial M for Murder But I doubt you have that

Oh, please, it's all because of me. This didn't happen until I made my movie commentary thread. Imagine if other people made movie commentary threads. Will be doing some more commentaries later.
Your commentaries actually convinced me to whip up a quick tool so I could see a posts-per-thread breakdown on a given day, just so I could verify what was causing the totals and to what degree.

It would be nice to break the record again on your birthday. I've already got some movies in mind.
We're off to a pretty good start; we're over a third of the way there and it's just 1 PM.

And don't forget - the day this site was #1, I did commentary for Young Guns.

Now I should try to break the record with a Whoopi Goldberg Marathon.

A system of cells interlinked
I can't wait to see the new layouts!

No, I mean I really can't wait. I want to see them now, man!

These stats don't really mean too much. That one spam thread, which is just a post count harvest, kind of nulls it all.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

And yeah, SC's commentaries definitely make a dent! But it'd be a very good month even without them. I've been pleasantly surprised by how spread out the activity's been.

How many posts were made in that thread yesterday?

I think Miss Vicky and I did 10 pages for Beetlejuice. Which doesn't even beat the 12 pages I did ALONE for Scream 2. I'm not sure how many pages were done for the other movies. There was probably a lot for Caligula - Honeykid and Gunslinger were with me.

How many posts were made in that thread yesterday?
98. It was only the third-most posted in thread yesterday. It's definitely contributed, but it's really only made otherwise really busy days into really really busy days.

Im sure my grinding this fantasy baseball season helped contribute. Thank god for us spammers!

Well, SC decided he wanted to break the post record again on my birthday, and he did; by, like, 27%. And yeah, this time it was pretty much entirely because of him. It would've been a really strong day even without most of his posts, but the record-breaking part was definitely a one-man show yesterday.

Typical SC. Incredibly interested in something, becomes obsessed, give it his all and then will tire of it just as quickly and never do it again. I'm guessing he won't be around much next week.